Events[edit | edit source]
February[edit | edit source]
February 11[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Halsey conducts a series of tests on the newly created A.I. Cortana. During one of these tests, Halsey noticed that the A.I. was already capable of overriding a supposedly irreversible destructive virus that had been encoded into her at her creation. This causes Halsey to suspect that Cortana may be the first smart-A.I. to outlive the standard seven year life-cycle.
April[edit | edit source]
April 5[edit | edit source]
- In a ceremony in Quezon, Reach, Miranda Keyes was promoted to the rank of Commander, given a Silver Star and assigned to the frigate UNSC In Amber Clad. All to commemorate her actions on UNSC Hilbert.
April 6[edit | edit source]
- Intersystem News released their report of the event. Dr. Halsey also wrote down in her journal how she felt about Miranda's career up until that point and about the ceremony.
Unknown[edit | edit source]
- The Halcyon-class light cruiser UNSC Pillar of Autumn is refitted to serve near the Zeta Doradus system.
- A third of Lieutenant Wagner's body is burnt by plasma.
- A meteorite impact crater was discovered near Visegrád. ONI noted the significance of the site and had many researchers analyzing it. However, no forced relocation of nearby residents was enacted.
- The Official Secrets Act is passed.
- The Battle of Gamma Pavonis VII occurs.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo 4 - Audio Log: Cortana's Origin
- Halo: Reach Limited Edition, Intersystem News, LCDR Miranda Keyes Awarded Silver Star
- Halo: Combat Evolved: Sybex Official Strategies & Secrets, page 60
- Halo: First Strike, page 102, "Wagner, who'd two years ago had a third of his body burned by Covenant plasma and not once screamed or shed a tear, paused and blinked away the moisture blurring his vision. "I trained at the Naval Academy on Reach, sir. It was the closest thing I had to a home in the Outer Colonies."
- Dr. Halsey's personal journal
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.