|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Wasp is an aircraft that acts as the successor to the AV-14 Hornet from Halo 3 and Halo 2: Anniversary, but with a few refinements. For instance, the Wasp is equipped with energy shielding, while the Hornet is not. The Wasp may lack the ability to evade like the Banshee or Phaeton, but pressing the weapon switch button is not required to toggle between both weapons of the Wasp. Pulling the right trigger fires its twin machine guns, which overheat fairly quickly. Pulling the left trigger fires its missile pods, which overheat immediately after firing and have a cooldown time of two seconds. Despite all this, the Wasp is lightly armored, and a good shot with a Spartan Laser will destroy the Wasp.
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Very maneuverable.
- Very fast.
- Great for hit and run attacks on bases and vehicles
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- The tilt engines of the Wasp are its weak spot; only a few shots are required to destroy it.
- Cannot boost and has long cool downs on weapons.
- Very light armour that can be destroyed quickly
Changes from the AV-14 Hornet[edit | edit source]
- Has energy shielding.
- Cannot carry additional passengers.
- Has a more flat design and a larger cockpit view.
- It would seems it has lighter armaments but also seems faster
Variants[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]