The Anlace-class frigate was a frigate class starship in service within the UNSC Navy by at least 2558. UNSC Infinity can house ten Anlace-class ships in its underside compartments. Anlace-class ships were manufactured at Mars and Tribute.
Sometime after the Second Battle of Requiem, UNSC Infinity switched out its complement of Strident-class heavy frigates for Anlace-class frigates. Anlace-class ships were also deployed to fight Covenant remnants occupying parts of the Outer Colonies.
The Anlace-class is a unique departure from UNSC frigate design. The Anlace is one of the smallest frigate classes at 372 meters, nearly half the length of prior models. The vessel lacks a spinal mount for a Magnetic Accelerator Cannon. It also places a heavier emphasis on atmospheric operations by utilizing maneuvering systems well adapted for atmospheres and using a lifting body design.
Another feature of the Anlace-class that makes her unique among the frigate classes is her dedicated armament. The Anlace does not house a MAC gun or missile batteries as it's principal armament; instead being one of the first warships to utilize Directed Energy Weapons.
Ships of the LineEdit
- Several Anlace-class frigates can be seen in the background of Halo 5: Guardians' main menu.
- An anlace is a type of dagger.
- Halo 5: Guardians (First appearance)
- Halo: Fleet Battles
- Halo: Warfleet (First named)
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, Page 14
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo, Page 42 & 43
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo, Page 38 & 39
- ↑ Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo, Page 132
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Calm in the Storm
- ↑ Spartan Games Community - Forum, Halo Waypoint Update with Spartan - NEW SHIPS!
- ↑ Dictionary.com - Anlace