Operational History[edit | edit source]
Insurrection[edit | edit source]
In the first years of the 26th century Bellicose was thrice engaged by UNSC Gorgon commanded by the legendary Preston Cole, escaping twice and on the last occasion fighting to a draw. On January 2, 2504 the ship's crew faked their own deaths by falling into the gravity well of a gas giant during the Battle of Theta Ursae Majoris System, and escaped by executing the first-known in-atmosphere slipspace transition.
Human-Covenant war[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As a UNSC ship it was named after Bellerophon, a hero of Greek Mythology. It was also a class of battleship in the British Royal Navy during the First World War.
- "Bellicose" means inclined or eager to fight. It could also be named for a World War II bombing operation.
- "Bellerophon" is also an unofficial name for 51 Pegasi B.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole (First appearance)
- Halo: Silent Storm - A Master Chief Story
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo: Silent Storm - A Master Chief Story - Chapter 6, Page ??
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, Page 447
- Wikipedia: 51 Pegasi b