Tactical operations conducted in this vast gulch train soldiers to withstand the bloody toll of protracted combat.
Bloodline is a remade version of the Halo 2 map Coagulation which is a remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map Blood Gulch, included in the Halo 2: Anniversary portion of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Bloodline also includes the Gungoose, which is a version of the Mongoose modified to bear a front-mounted M67 LAW. Gungooses will be used in a new Capture the Flag gametype variant called Gungoose CTF.
Changes from CoagulationEdit
- The bases are now of UNSC design.
- Many UNSC vehicle access bridges have been added to the map.
- The dynamic element to Bloodline is a switch on the bases that sends out an EMP wave.
- Both bases now only have one level. Where the drop-down and gravity lift used to exist, there is now an entrance/exit to the base.
- In place of the Banshees, there are now Hornets, and the Scorpion tanks have been removed.
- Two subtle beams of light have been added to show players which base is which.
- The teleporters have been removed and replaced with two Valhalla-esque man cannons.
- Rather than having three pine trees to provide cover for the cave entrance near red base, three concrete pillars have been used.
- A base has been added in the centre of the map.
- The raised walkway near red base has been given additional cover in the form of a column of rock, covering a section of it.
- Many additional routes to the top of the bases have been added.
- There is slightly less greenery in the map.
- Bloodline is the fourth remake of Blood Gulch.
- ↑ YouTube - IGN Live Presents Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- ↑ IGN - Warlock is the Final Halo 2 Remake Map for Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo at RTX 2014!
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo Waypoint - The Halo Bulletin 7.10.14 Certain Affinity's description: "This vehicle access bridge is a common addition to the UNSC’s Spartan training grounds, located on various worlds across the galaxy. Inspired by the rugged, utilitarian design of deploy-able, reinforced bunkers and forward bases, these bridges are constructed to withstand the harshest of UNSC training settings."