The Charum Hakkor star system was once a Precursor-controlled star system and later a Ancient Human-controlled star system in the Milky Way galaxy. The system had fifteen planets most of them were used for mining, including Faun Hakkor, Charum Hakkor, and Ben Nauk. Charum Hakkor once served as the political center of the Human-San'Shyuum alliance. In approximately 100,043 BCE, Faun Hakkor was used as a test site for an early Halo installation. The effects of the weapon also destroyed the Precursor structures on neighboring Charum Hakkor.
The system is home to fifteen planets, three of which were settled by prehistoric humanity;
- Charum Hakkor- the capital of the First Human Empire and the seat of the Ancient Human government. This planet was once inhabited by the Precursors and completely covered in Precursor ruins and was the site of the final battle of the Human-Forerunner war. Precursor structures heavily damaged by the firing of a Halo installation prior to 100,000 BCE.
- Faun Hakkor- homeworld to the Pheru, Ancient Humans and Ancient San'Shyuums fovourite pets, and a wide variety of flora and fauna. It had a fairly Earth-like size and surface until ca. 100,043 BCE, when a Halo was test-fired over it. This firing decimated all life on the planet leaving empty deserts and oceans.
- Ben Nauk- home to a Human colony before the Human-Forerunner war.
- Sothra Hakkor- a rocky world with a thin atmosphere. It was mined for ores and volatiles by prehistoric humanity.
- The other eleven planets were used exclusively as resources for mining.