History[edit | edit source]
Creation[edit | edit source]
The Domus Diaspora[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Domus Diaspora
Insurrection[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Insurrection
Decline and Possible Absorption[edit | edit source]
Over the course of the Human-Covenant war, the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) had largely taken over many of the responsibilities of other branches of the government. The CAA was described as "a little more resistant to the idea than the UEG and has subsequently been stripped of most of its power." It is therefore likely that the organization no longer exists in any functional capacity by 2552, though the CAA Factbook was still being updated as late as 2550. Tools used during the Insurrection created by the CAA, were eventually engineered into the Copperhead Armor.
Duties[edit | edit source]
The CAA acted as a secondary governing body that helped the UEG govern the various colony worlds of humanity.
Records Keeping[edit | edit source]
In addition, the CAA kept extensive files on every colony, world, and city under its care. The document containing these files was referred to as the CAA Factbook. These files contained everything from topographic maps to the information on the materials the city sewer system was built from. The CAA provided this information to ONI special weapons teams upon request. It would be very helpful when it came to defending colonies from Covenant attack.
Agriculture[edit | edit source]
Agriculture Operations AIs also reported to the CAA, sending in annual maintenance reports.
Prisons[edit | edit source]
The CAA also ran prisons.
Branches[edit | edit source]
Assets[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Springhill-class mining vessel||CAA Heavy Burden||Destroyed|
|Unknown||CAA Butterworth||Destroyed then salvaged|
|CAA Casbah||Unknown, colonized Tribute|
|CAA Irbid||Unknown, colonized Tribute|
Facilities[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though most sources refer to it as Colonial Administration Authority, in Halo: Contact Harvest, the organization is referred to and known as just the "Colonial Authority", however it may have been shortened. Propaganda in Halo 3: ODST also describes a "UNSC Colonial Authority," which may indicate total absorption into the UNSC.
- Colonial credits were favored by Venezians as their standard currency.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Retribution
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As the charter is mentioned to deal with colonial sovereignty, it likely acts like the CAA's constitution.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 228
- Halo Story Page - Frank O'Connor/Robt McLees Interview - August 2008
- Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo, Page 54
- Halo Waypoint - Universe - Locations - Tribute
- Halo: Retribution - Chapter 19, Page ??
- Halo: Contact Harvest, Page 117 (Digital)
- Bungie.net - CAA Factbook
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: REQ Card - Copperhead (Helmet)
- Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - Bonus Item: Box Contents Letter
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, Page 177
- Halo: Contact Harvest, Page 180 (Digital)
- Halo: Retribution - Chapter 5, Page ??