|This article does not have enough inline citations or proper citation format. You can help Halo Alpha by adding citations.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Cruiser is larger than the CRS-class light cruiser but is smaller than the Covenant carrier. They are armed with five plasma turrets and laterally-mounted pulse lasers, but lack a compliment of supplementary Seraph starfighters. Like other Covenant ships, the Covenant Cruiser is roughly oblong in shape with touches of a purple and blue color scheme. Although there are four different classes (CRS, CCS, RCS and ORS) they only differ slightly and can be classed within one of the main classes.
Known cruisers[edit | edit source]
- The Rapid Conversion, the Covenant vessel that partook in the First Battle of Harvest, was a Covenant Cruiser.
- Six Covenant Cruisers accompanied the Covenant Flagship Ascendant Justice on a reconnaissance mission to the ruins of Alpha Halo after its destruction by John-117. One cruiser had one of its five plasma turrets destroyed by John-117 operating a C709 Longsword starfighter. After John-117 and a group of UNSC ground forces were able to hijack the Flagship, one Cruiser jumped to Slipspace to alert Covenant forces of the destruction of Alpha Halo and UNSC activity in the area.
- An Unnamed Covenant Cruiser was one of many Covenant Cruisers involved in the Battle of Reach. The Unnamed Cruiser was destroyed by Joshua-029, Kelly-087 and Frederic-104.
- The Unwavering Discipline was a Covenant cruiser that was used during the Human-Covenant war. It was later commanded by fleetmaster Rojka 'Kasaan after the fall of the Covenant. It crash landed in the Uldt Desert during the Battle of Carrow in September of 2558. 
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: First Strike (First appearance)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: Envoy
Sources[edit | edit source]