Background[edit | edit source]
Three types of ships referred to as Covenant destroyers have been encountered, the CPV-class heavy destroyer, the RPV-class light destroyer and an unidentified destroyer class considerably smaller than the others with a length of 647 metres (2,120 ft) have been seen in various battles early in the Human-Covenant war, such as the Battle of Sigma Octanus IV when an RPV-class destroyer was seen escorting two Covenant frigates and a carrier. The UNSC Spirit of Fire was one of the few ships to survive an encounter. In terms of size, the destroyer was slightly smaller than Spirit of Fire.
This dangerous warship classification has the distinctive three huge sections of most heavier Covenant warships, mirroring the lethality of its larger cousins. They are used as escorts for battlegroups that are of the larger ship classes, and are able to hold their own in combat, while protecting their battlegroups from enemy threats.
Known Covenant destroyers[edit | edit source]
- Bloodied Spirit
- Far Sight Lost
- Rapturous Arc
- Radiant Perception.
- Defender of Faith
- Proclamation's Tithe
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jacob Keyes commented on its weapons systems, saying it turned UNSC ships into "Swiss cheese."
- Jacob Keyes destroyed one with a maneuver later dubbed as the Keyes Loop at Sigma Octanus IV.
- Its the most common Covenant ship seen in Halo Wars.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Halo Wars
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo Legends
Notes[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo Waypoint - Universe - Destroyer
- Halo Wars
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 145
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 156