The Crate Guarding Marines Easter Egg is featured on the level Shutdown in Halo 4. The first marine to speak will always be Conan O'Brien (a late-night talk show host). The second marine to speak will always be Andy Richter (Conan's sidekick and announcer). Note that you will need to wait a minute or two before these Marines actually start speaking.
They are found talking to each other in the corner of the hangar near the player's Pelican standing beside some crates. The conversations go as followed but it is important to note that there are three conversations:
- Conan: This is a pretty sweet union we're in.
- Andy: It's fantastic.
- Conan: Stand near the crates, but don't ever move 'em.
- Andy: Right, right, if anyone even looks at the crates… that's a violation.
- Conan: Ah yeah.
- Conan: Don't you think rugs would warm this up a little bit?
- Andy: Absolutely, absolutely.
- Conan: Like, literally I'm not talkin' wall to wall, just five area rugs.
- Andy: Mmhmm.
- Conan: Or some oriental rugs, and y'know what? Suddenly it's a whole different vibe in here.
- Andy: Right.
- Conan: I think somethin's up.
- Andy: What?
- Conan: I think there's gonna be a war with an alien they awoke from an ancient slumber.
- Andy: Ooooh, the- wha- that is stupid.
- Conan: I know.
- Andy: I mean, I don't know much, I mostly just load crates, but that is stupid.
- Conan: Y'know, there's one thing my grandpa told me, "Never awaken an alien from an ancient slumber."