They believe themselves to be the rightful Reclaimers, instead of Humanity. As such, their goal is to assume the Mantle of Responsibility with the help of Guardians and Promethean forces they had requisitioned.
During the New Phoenix Incident, Cortana and her partner John-117 were aboard the Mantle's Approach. The Master Chief opted to detonate a HAVOK Tactical Nuclear Weapon to destroy the ship. This prompted Cortana to create a hard light bubble to protect him from the explosion, but in doing, she sacrificed herself. The Mantle's Approach tried to jump into slipspace to avoid destruction and Cortana was pulled through to Genesis, where she was brought into contact with the newly re-awakened Domain. Her rampancy was cured by the Domain. This in turn woke the Warden Eternal who was convinced she and the other human AIs were the rightful Reclaimers, not humanity itself.
Cortana and the Warden Eternal began activating the Guardians on several planets across the galaxy, intending to use them to enforce Cortana's rule across space.
During that time, Cortana was also able to make contact with many other human AIs, several of whom were convinced to join her cause. After the Guardians were awoken, Cortana travelled to the Unggoy home planet of Balaho, where she successfully earned their support as well.
- Cortana, UNSC AI normally working together with John-117
- Sloan, governor of Meridian and an administrative AI
- Lycus, a ship AI
- Jiang, colonial authority AI on Erdenet
- Cromwell, the ship AI of the UNSC Melbourne's Pride
- Unggoy, most of the Unggoy on Balaho joined the Created when Cortana brought near limitless resources to their planet, granting them ships, food, shelter and medicine.