- “The dreadnaut is an unstoppable beast. Fear him, but work together to take him out. 20 kills as the Juggernaut wins the game.”— In-game description
The dreadnaut is a Juggernaut gametype in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3. It begins with one player being the Dreadnaut. He has to score kills on regular players to win the game. Players that are not the dreadnaut have to try to kill him, so they can become the new Juggernaut.
The dreadnaut's special abilities include:
- Higher damage resistance
- Higher damage dealt
- Default overshield
- 50 percent higher movement speed
- Infinite ammo
Once one player gets a kill, he/she is the new dreadnaut. The ex-dreadnaut and the other players try to kill the new dreadnaut.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Try to weaken the dreadnaut with an overload of a Plasma Pistol.
- Assassinations are instant kills.
- Don't stop firing, even if you think he/she is dead, as they can survive much more than usual.
- Don't get close because melee attacks cause huge damage when used by the dreadnaut.