- “Your foes cower and fall before your unstoppable onslaught, yet final victory will leave you wanting more.”
- “Laugh as helpless victims flee in terror from their inevitable slaughter. The game basically plays itself.”
- “Laugh as helpless victims flee in terror from their inevitable slaughter. Achievements cannot be unlocked on this difficulty.”— Description from Halo: Reach.
- “Casually operate with impunity and slaughter foes with ease. Recommended for new players to Halo.”— Description in Halo 5: Guardians.
- “Cut through your foes with ease and revel in your unstoppable onslaught. Recommended for players new to Halo Wars 2.”— Description in Halo Wars 2
Easy is the least challenging difficulty setting in all the Halo games. The enemies are few, target inaccurately, and are overall far weaker than on higher difficulty levels. Many players use it to learn the story. After they accomplish it on easy, they will often play again on harder difficulties.
The icon for the Easy difficulty setting is represented with a shield that has the Marathon logo encrusted into the center. This is for people just beginning to enter the Halo Universe and the First-person shooter genre.
Among the features the player enjoys in easy mode are:
- A tougher health meter.
- Shields being at 200% their "Normal" capacity.
- Lower health and shield levels for enemies. Most enemies die from a single punch.
- Elites or Brutes being less common, and there are very few Major Elites or Brute Captains. Minor Elites or Brute Minors are almost exclusively seen.
- Less intelligence for enemies and tactical action. Enemies are far more reckless and easy to kill.
- Flood numbers are reduced. Only a handful of Combat Forms will be armed and very rarely would they carry powerful weapons such as Rocket Launchers, Energy Swords, or Shotguns.
- Marines and other allies being tougher, more accurate, and doing more damage.
- Meta-point score is divided by 4.
- All Halo games, save for Halo Wars, keep track of whether you finished Easy Campaign on Solo or Co-op.
- Most of the Achievements in the Halo series do not unlock when played on Easy, as most need to be on Normal or higher, although there are exceptions. In addition, no skulls will appear in Halo 3 when played on Easy difficulty except for the Mythic Skull for unknown reasons, however the achievement for finding it will not be earned even if collected.
- Developers have referred to Easy in Halo: CE as "grandma mode," according to the official guidebook.
- 343 Guilty Spark will suggest the player to switch to "Easy" if the player negatively contributes by killing off allies in Halo 3 with the IWHBYD Skull on.
- In the beginning of each of the Halo games, you will have to do the basic procedure to check the Player's control scheme for Easy and Normal, whilst in Heroic and Legendary, you will skip them due to the assumption that you will be already familiar with them.
- It takes two hits for an Elite with an energy sword to kill you.
- While no achievements can be earned on Easy (with the exception of Marathon Man), neither can the Armour permutations of the E.V.A. Permutation, the Flight Harness for the Elites and the E.O.D. Permutation.