This is just a small example of what you can do as a Halo 2 cartographer!
Example is a custom made map included in Halo 2 Vista's built-in map editor as an example of what players can do when making their own maps. It isn't technically an actual map, but it is included in the game's map editor files by default. It can be acquired by installing the Halo 2 Vista Map Editor.
This map features a weapon new to gameplay, but has already been in Halo: First Strike, Halo Graphic Novel and The Art of Halo; the M7S Sub Machine Gun. The Suppressed SMG is a standard M7 Caseless Sub Machine Gun with a suppressor attached to the barrel, making it less noisy and reducing muzzle flash. It also has a laser sight. - Nearly identical to the Halo 3: ODST version.
Interesting to note is that if considered an actual map, it is the only one in Halo 2 which spawns the Fuel Rod Cannon, which is only available to players in the campaign (and when making custom maps). Example is also the smallest map in any Halo game. It's so small that it barely fits two players, making it a map of "spawn killing" chaos when it is played with an excessive number of players.
- This is the only multiplayer map included with Halo 2 Vista which is not considered a "real" map.
- The design of the map is similar to the interior of the Forerunner structure from 343 Guilty Spark with the only difference being the energy bridges being replaced with ones made of solid matter.
- The laser sights tends to be inaccurate and is just a small red line on the wall. It usually doesn't point at the spot where the bullets will land. It is just an example of the way you can modify weapons.
- This map uses the eerie sounds that Hang 'Em High does, and this map uses the same shade of grey that Hang 'Em High does as well.
- This map uses the same skybox as Ascension.
- This is the only Halo 2 map not included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.