The UNSC's Field Armory is a cross between a machine\fabrication shop and a research laboratory. This is where the most advanced technology for the UNSC is created by dedicated engineers and scientists.
The Field Armory allows the player to purchase upgrades in five areas. One upgrade reduces the amount of time needed to requisition combat units. Another increases the actual population capacity by 10 units. Two turret upgrades, available sequentially, replace the standard M202 turret with larger multi-barrel configurations, visually similar to twin- or quad-.50s. A fourth upgrade gives a significant boost to all infantry types' running speeds. The last upgrades available for purchase are three sequential improvements to the selected hero unit's leader power: adding up to three additional MAC gun shots for Captain Cutter, nearly quadrupling the number of bombs and target area of Sergeant Forge's Carpet Bomb, and improving Professor Anders' Cryo Bomb, significantly lengthening its effect, and knocking more aircraft out of the sky during the initial freeze.
An excellent tactic to use with the Field Armory is to build one early on, quickly research any upgrades the player plans to utilize, and then scrap the building in place of a Vehicle Depot, Air Pad, or Barracks, allowing for the highest possible number of Supply Pads, while still leaving room for unit production. It costs 150 resources and requires a tech level of 1.
- Defense Turret upgrades
- Medium Turret: 500 resources and tech level of 2
- Large Turret : 800 resources and tech level of 3
- MAC Blast upgrades
- Medium MAC Blast : 700 resources and tech level of 2
- Large MAC Blast : 1,000 resources and tech level of 3
- Super MAC Blast : 1,400 resources and tech level of 4
- Carpet Bomb upgrades
- Medium Carpet Bombing : 700 resources and tech level of 2
- Large Carpet Bombing : 1,000 resources and tech level of 3
- Super Carpet Bombing : 1,400 resources and tech level of 4
- Cryo Bomb upgrades
- Medium Cryo Bomb : 350 resources and tech level of 2
- Large Cryo Bomb : 500 resources and tech level of 3
- Super Cryo Bomb : 700 resources and tech level of 4
- Reserves : 800 resources and tech level of 2
- Reinforcements : 800 resources and tech level of 3
- Adrenaline : 250 resources and tech level of 1
- Anders' economic boost halves the cost of the Defensive Turret, Reserves, Reinforcements, Adrenaline and Cryo Bomb upgrades.