This Grunt is found cowering on a ledge right before the player goes down the ramp towards the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn's hangar in the level Halo in Halo 3. As you reach a rocky arch on the right, turn the vehicle slowly to the right and a narrow pathway will be visible. At the end of the ledge is the grunt. If you approach him, he will say:
Hey, Demon! The jerk store called, and they're all out of you! Poor you, stolen at the age of six and conscripted into the military, waaaaaah! Okay look, if you let me live, I got the Fist of Rukt. Look, I'll be at the bottom. I'll polish your boots. I'll polish your helmet! It's the gas, haha! When I'm on the gas, I don't know what I'm doing half the time!
On single player, the Arbiter will fire the Warthog's chain gun turret at the Final Grunt in an attempt to kill him, preventing you from hearing him speak. You should park the Warthog somewhere where he cannot see the Grunt before you go up to the Grunt.
Encountering the Final Grunt may make you unable to complete the end of the level as the platforms will have broken apart, leaving no possible route to reach the Forward Unto Dawn.
- The "Jerk Store" is a reference to a joke on the American sitcom Seinfeld, in which George, one of the four main characters, tries and fails to make a witty comeback at his coworker.
- The Fist of Rukt is a Jiralhanae ceremonial weapon exclusively used by the Chieftain of the Jiralhanae.
- With the IWHBYD Skull activated, players can hear normal Grunts say part of the dialog on other levels.
- If the Final Grunt is killed while saying his dialogue, his corpse will still speak. If he is knocked off the ledge, you will stop hearing him.
- The Final Grunt is the only Covenant enemy the player can encounter on the level Halo.
- The Final Grunt has the longest quote out of all three Special Dialogue Grunts.
- The “It’s the gas” is a reference to the song “Now (It’s Just the Gas)” from the musical “Little Shop of Horrors”.
- Halo 3 (First appearance)