The Fleet of Sacred Consecration was the Covenant task force under the command of the Prophet of Regret. Originally composed of thirteen CCS-class battlecruisers and two CAS-class assault carriers, the fleet suffered tremendous losses when it unknowingly found humanity's homeworld, Earth.
The Prophet of Regret and the fleet discovered the location of the Ark Portal in his search for relics during his assault on Meridian in 2551. He learned that the relic he sought after was located on Erde-Tyrene. He rallied the Fleet and plotted a course almost immediately after learning this.
- “We will take the ships in our command and go to this world immediately, this Erde-Tyrene.”— Prophet of Regret to several advisors.A year later, the fleet finally arrived at the planet's system and was detected by Io Station. They then slipspace jumped to the planet, to find Earth, humanity's homeworld. His significantly outnumbered and out-classed fleet was quickly attacked by a fleet of eight Marathon-class heavy cruisers and sixty-seven frigates under the command of Fleet Admiral Harper.
The Covenant Fleet then deployed dozens of boarding craft at the orbital defense platforms defending the planet, in hopes of destroying a cluster with antimatter charges. They managed to destroy two orbital stations; the Athens and Malta station, clearing a path for Regret's flagship, the Solemn Penance to reach Earth.
Meanwhile, the UNSC ships split into echelons, where one group of ships attacked the carriers and a second covered the cruisers. The combined firepower of Fleet Admiral Harper's fleet ensured the rapid destruction of many of Regret's ships, in spite of the numerous losses that the human fleet was sustaining. The Fleet's second carrier, Day of Jubilation, stayed in orbit and disabled at least one Marathon-class cruiser with an Energy Projector. At some point during the battle its shields were destroyed by the Home Fleet's concentrated assault, allowing a pair of Longsword fighters to punch a hole into the carrier's hull, thus exposing the hollow center housing the ship's reactor core. John-117 managed to disable the Covenant bomb meant for Cairo and threw himself and the device into vacuum, activating it next to the core and propelling himself to safety, thus destroying the carrier.
Descending on New MombasaEdit
- “The first carrier completely ignored us, Sir! Blew right through the Malta's debris field and headed straight for Earth!”New Mombasa began to push Covenant troops back to Regret's landing zone, Regret was informed of the location of Halo Installation 05, and proceeded with an in-atmosphere Slipspace jump, with UNSC ships UNSC In Amber Clad, UNSC Dusk, UNSC Coral Sea, UNSC Paris and UNSC Redoubtable following.
Destruction and RemnantsEdit
The battle in Earth orbit destroyed the vast majority of Regret's fleet, whose loss was compensated for by the arrival of Truth's fleet, which proceeded to invade Earth.
The fleet was composed of 3 CAS-class assault carriers and at least 5 CCS-class battlecruisers.
List of ShipsEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Halo 2: Anniversary - Terminal: Beholden
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Halo 2 - Level: Cairo Station
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo 2 - Level: Cairo Station, Cortana: "Thirteen cruisers, two assault carriers"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo 2: Annversary - Level: Cairo Station
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 180
- ↑ Halo 2: Anniversary - Terminal: Unyielding
- ↑ Halo 2 - Levels: Outskirts and Metropolis
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 185