| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
For more information, see the Citation Policy.
Halo: Battle Born is a Halo novel, written by Cassandra Rose Clarke, that was released on January 1st, 2019. It follows four teenagers, Saskia, Dorian, Evie and Victor, during the Battle of Meridian. The cover was created by Antonio Javier Caparo.
Saskia, Dorian, Evie, and Victor aren't exactly friends at their small high school on the middle-of-nowhere colony world of Meridian. Each has their own problems, from absent parents to supporting their family, getting into a good college to making the next hit holo-film. But those problems were nothing next to the threat now facing their world: The alien alliance known as the Covenant is laying siege to Meridian, for reasons that aren't so easily explained.
With their village in flames, the four teens find themselves stuck above ground, locked out of the town shelter where the rest of the survivors are gathered. Together, Saskia, Dorian, Evie, and Victor are thrust into battle with nothing but a few scavenged weapons and an injured Spartan, one of the UNSC's super-soldiers. What's forged from the destruction will determine the fate of Meridian, and tilt the battle for humanity's survival.
Factions and organizationsEdit
- The novel was first teased on May 1st, 2018 by Jeff "GrimBrotherOne" Easterling on the Discord servers of The Archive and Halopedia. He posted an official description of the novel, and when asked, confirmed that it was a novel. The title and author of the novel were later revealed on May 7th by an Amazon.com listing. The official reveal on Halo Waypoint on June 7, 2018 revealed the cover and a few other details.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Amazon.com - Halo: Battle Born
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Halo Waypoint - Halo Community Update - Soldiering On
- ↑ Discord - The Archive, GrimBrotherOne
- ↑ Discord - Halopedia, GrimBrotherOne