The Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack is a downloadable content (DLC) collection for Halo 2. It was released on July 5, 2005, for $19.99 and allowed players without access to Xbox Live to download the additional maps and Auto-Updates for the game. It was released before the Blastacular pack and Auto-Updates 4 and 5 were released and therefore does not include them.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Xbox Live Auto-Update 1, 2 and 3
- Maptacular pack
- Killtacular pack
- Bonus map pack
- Another Day at the Beach: A three minute Halo 2 side-story cutscene about a squad of marines stranded near Old Mombasa.
- Halo 2: Killtacular: A documentary on how Bungie Studios made the nine maps included on this disc.
- Halo: Combat Evolved E3 2000 Trailer.
- Halo 2 August 2002 Announcement Trailer.
- A comical surround sound test video.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original Xbox sometimes incorrectly identified the disc as a DVD movie and gave the error message, "You need to connect a DVD Playback Kit receiver to a controller port to watch movies."
- Even though it is a DLC collection and not a game itself, Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack is technically the final Halo title released for the original Xbox.
- In the surround sound test video, the Grunt and Hunter shown use Halo: Combat Evolved models rather than Halo 2 models.
- An updated version of the surround sound test video is included in the Halo: Essentials, included in the Halo 3.
- The Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack is forwards-compatible with the Xbox 360.