The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta was a large-scale test of Halo 5: Guardians's Arena multiplayer and servers, that occured during its development. It took place from December 29, 2014 to January 18, 2015, and was available through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
The beta consisted only of a sampling of Arena gameplay, which itself is said to only be a portion of the full Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer experience. Arena focuses on close teamwork in 4 vs. 4 gameplay, featuring playlist ranks, map spawns for weapons, and equal starts (meaning no loadouts). The beta allowed players to try out the all-new Spartan Abilities for the first time. These abilities are base player mechanics akin to boarding or melee, and include Sprint, Clamber, Charge, Thruster Pack, Ground Pound, Smart Scope, and Slide. Players that participated in the beta were given a profile picture, a downloadable banner, a Mark-VI [Gen 1] and a Helioskrill poster with the player's username as a "thank you" from 343 Industries.
Content[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Players in the beta could fight on seven maps, each optimized for eight player Arena battle.
- Regret (crashed Truth remix)
- Eden (nighttime Empire remix)
- Breakout Arena (Forge canvas)
Gametypes[edit | edit source]
Three different gametypes appeared in the beta. One is returning while the other two are new.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The beta included eleven usable weapons.
Armor Sets[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 343 Industries has placed the beta long before the game's release to allow for legitimate concerns to be addressed, such as weapon tuning and movement speed, and also to gauge player reaction to newly-introduced game mechanics.
- Some content unlocked in the multiplayer beta will carry over into the final game.
Video[edit | edit source]
E3 2014 Announcement[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
First Look[edit | edit source]
MP Beta Trailer[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Multiplayer Beta Trailer[edit | edit source]
Misc.[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians
- YouTube - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look
- NeoGAF - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
- Twitter - Brad Welch
- Twitter - Brad Welch
- Halo Channel - The Sprint, Episode 3
- Team Beyond - HALO 5: GUARDIANS BETA SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- Twitter - Josh Holmes
- Twitter - Josh Holmes - Tweet
- Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay - "Empire" (Slayer)
- YouTube - New Halo: Master Chief Collection Info and Gameplay - E3 2014