The blog module is a social system on the wiki designed to allow users to convey personal opinions, information, and news on selected topics relating to Halo or the wiki itself for viewers to read. As badges are available for this module, it is at risk of being abused; for this reason, this guideline has been put in place to prevent abuse of the system and clogging of the blog feed.
What to PostEdit
- News - News relating to Halo; such as 343i/Microsoft announcements, release dates, or game changes.
- Opinions - Expressing detailed non-biased personal opinions relating to Halo.
- Reviews - Detailed reviews on Halo content; such as games, books, multiplayer, films, etc.
- Consensus - Gaining consensuses from the community after significant detailing of choices and opinions.
- Wiki News - News pertaining to the wiki or Wikia. Admin or Staff use only.
What not to PostEdit
- Short Blogs - Blogs should not be one sentence long; a rule of thumb is blogs should be at least one paragraph.
- Wishlists - Blogs should not contain wishlists of items a user wants to have.
- Introductions - Blogs should not be used to introduce yourself to the community; use FLEETCOM for this!
- Recruitment - Blogs must not be intended to recruit users to a clan, group, or website.
- Spam - Blogs must not contain gibberish or spam.
- Abuse - Blogs must not be for the purpose of insulting users or inciting arguments.
Using the Blog SystemEdit
For guidance on creating and writing a blog within the guidelines, please see our blog help page - this page will guide you through using the blog system.
Blogs which disregard these guidelines or are created with dishonest intentions, will be deleted immediately and the user warned. Multiple offences can lead to the user being blocked from the wiki on the grounds of vandalism. Blogs pre-dating January 2013 will be kept despite being against guidelines, unless the blog contains material deemed too inappropriate to stay.