Halo Alpha:Layout Guide is an official guide to laying out a typical basic article. Complicated articles may be best modeled on the layout of an existing article of appropriate structure. Feel free to discuss the Layout Guide on the talk page.
Sections listed below are for any type of article. They are optional sections; if they are applicable to the topic of the article, include it in the article.
- Some subtitles can sometimes appear in only one page, depending on the subject.
- Sometimes a quote can be added at the start of a section when justified.
- Sections can feature subsections and are obviously not all used all the time.
- "Behind the scenes"/"Production notes" is reserved only for development information, such as design evolution, cut content, name change, etc. *"Trivia" is for trivial information, such as little details that does not add much to the subject, could even be disregarded, but are fun to know. Pointless and irrelevant trivia will be removed however. Subsections can be included under "Trivia", such as "Easter eggs", "Glitches", "References", and "Miscellaneous".
- The section "Appearances" must only contain official Halo titles in release date order.
The Era template should be included in all in-universe articles at the top of the article. The Era tag inserts symbols at the side of the title bar of the article, to indicate which era subject of the article exists in. They may be used to indicate if the article was a featured article in the past.
For usage instructions, see Template:Era.
Like on any wiki, the article must feature a short introduction, starting by the article name in in bold. A game title must be in italics. At least one relevant picture should be at the right side of the article (in the Infobox when there is one).
After the main contents, the end of an article will include, in this order:
- Appearances (includes Template:Appearances)
A typical gallery section should include at least two images. To add the gallery feature, simply use
<gallery>, add in your images and close the feature with
<gallery> ... ... </gallery>
In several circumstances, you may see a special slideshow gallery instead of the regular gallery. The slideshow gallery can be included by adding
type="slideshow". Although this is a neat and pretty feature, avoid using it as it is still experimental and it causes tag errors.
For more information about gallery and images, see Help:Images.
The purpose of standardizing all articles to an official format is to improve the quality and readability of all articles in Halo Alpha. That said, all users must follow the official format.
- Characters article standard
- Weapon article standard
- Vehicle article standard
- Action Figures article standard
- Music & Songs article standard