Reason for Nomination
It's quite simple really...
Halo-343 is one damn fine editor, someone who's a good mix of old school toughness and smarts with new school "community-centric" skills. He's proven himself for months on end to be one of Halopedia's most active, knowledgeable, and consistent editors. Recently, he's proven himself as not just a good editor and person overall, but also stepped into the shoes of someone who's taking charge in the community, hopefully attempting to prove his worth as a candidate for Administration.
See, pretty simple, eh?
Support (30/7) Sysop
- Support — As per my statement above. Grizzlei ♥ ツ
- Support — Yep, he is capable. - JEA13 [iTalk] 19:14, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Support — Yup, he's earned the post. [Sometimes, it's all about the glory.] [Put your boot up enough alien backside and the corps will pin rows of medals on your chest.][Bad ass, unlocked.]
- Support — An excellent successor... *sniff* *sniff* - 5əb'7aŋk(7alk) 19:17, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Support — As long as he listens to me and does everything I say like all the other good little admins :D - Ghost Sangheili [iTalk] [iWork]
- Support — As per Tony, he's perfect for the job. --Turn out the Lights, on your way Out
- Support — Hmm?
- Support - Me and Ultra Force talked about how he would make a good admin at the same time that Tony thought up that.-- Forerunner 00:31, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I don't see why I should be in the way of this worthy promotion of 343. :) Dark Neptune 00:41, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Ultra Force (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 02:46, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support — Rusty - 112 03:33, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Absolutely, well deserving, great editor. Col. Snipes450 04:05, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - One of the best editors on the site. It's about time - ShadowBroker44 (TALK) (CONTRIBS) 16:05, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - One of the users that should be admins. --
- Support - FINALLY!!! Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 21:51, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I think it's a wonderful idea. --Halopediaman 03:58, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - The user seems quite on top of things. --Dragonclaws(talk) 05:26, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - As per the others; it's about time. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 11:44, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - A user of excellent quality, deserves to be trusted with a few extra buttons. - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 17:06, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I thought this guy was an admin already... GySgt. Gonzalez -Remember Reach!- 17:21, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - As per everyone else. -- // ŝтŕγκęŕ [ COM | LOG/M | LOG/S ]
- Support - He deserves it --Odysseas-Spartan53 08:51, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - This is the only reason I would come out of hiding. God speed. Que Sera, Sera 14:01, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I remember when Halo-343 first started, and the first thing he did was start editing. He already had an inkling of how things go on Halopedia. He plays by the rules, edits by the hundred, and is an all round great person. I know he's the right person for the job. --T 3 2 8 16:02, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I agree with CTs reasons. --DarkbelowHGR CommbandD 00:00, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I haven't edited this yet? wow... Anyways, you are a great user, 343. While DA will be missed, you'll make a great replacement, no doubt.-- 23:24, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - As per Grizzlei's nomination and the above Users. - Lt. Mechanical-Menace Defense System: Active Communications Array: Online Construction: Complete
- Support - Halo-343 is one of the most experienced and hard working users on here. Gunnery Sergeant Pete Stacker UNSC Marine Corps
- Support - I'll support him. Spartan-0093 ("TALK PAGE" ) 21:45, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Support- A fellow who both forgave me when I got his name wrong and goes on to be a MASTER on both editing and in debating. You mean to tell me that you WEREN"T an admin?!Tuckerscreator 03:00, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
Support- Hell I`ll miss DA but there`s no better replacement. Emile-A249. 29 August 2010 21:17 (UTC) Support - Why Not? - -- RadiationNeon (CHATTER) 19:20, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- User lacks 50 mainspace edits. --
Support - Dude he is a Bad-ass user. Editing is his life. He should really be an admin. Best person ever. -- TheRookie09 Support - I give my full support to Halo-343 and his request for adminship, he is an integral part of the Halopedia community and I think will make an excellant admin for this wiki.
Neutral (0/0) Sysop
Against (0/0) Sysop
Halo-343 is a great editor and of generous disposition, but I think we have plenty of Administrators already. Besides, there are other users who do their part and are never recognized. EtErNiTy92 Revolution! 20:56, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, we also have two admins that have turned inactive, and one who is going to do so soon. Also, not everyone is capable of being an admin, no matter how important their contributions may be. And adminship is not a "recognition". - JEA13 [iTalk] 20:59, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, we've been one short since Manticore left. Besides, we need to increase in number for the Halo: Reach release.-- Forerunner 21:00, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- How did I not get edit-conflicted? Yeah, DC and Manti are inactive, while Subtank is leaving soon (her first plan was for Christmas).-- Forerunner 21:02, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry couldn't help but poke my nose into this and was quite curious, what exactly is Subtank leaving? her admin position, or is she leaving this site for good? Just wondering because it would be a damn shame to lose someone like her who has brought about major well constructed policy changes here on Halopedia and not to mention a good user. Durandal-217 23:09, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Most people need to move on - that's the only reason why we have RfAs these days. Dragonclaws is rarely on; Subtank plans to leave (it seems that she must have told the whole irk personally, because I wasn't expecting others to mention it); Devout Atheist us Gond (I thought he already list his sysop), and Smoke. has apparently disappeared. She referred to Halopedia, Durandel. She might come back every now and then, but her involvement would be considerably minor.-- Forerunner 00:23, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Damn shame to lose a good person like her, very well informed about the halo mythology, I have nothing but respect for her. I wish her the best. Durandal-217 00:49, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Smoke. hasn't disappeared. He's only been gone 10 days and it's summer; perhaps he's on vacation. From what I've heard, he deserves it. Let's not jump to any conclusions. Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 02:28, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- He's just been busy, I spoke to him a few days ago. - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 17:06, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I apologise for keeping this a secret from all of you (those informed, *hush*). As per Forerunner, I am preparing to resign my position as administrator. I will always return to Halopedia to settle problems/disputes but keep in mind, I would be less active than I am right now.- 5əb'7aŋk(7alk) 20:36, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia? —
- I joined Halopedia on June 1st, 2008.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia? —
- My biggest and most plentiful contributions are probably in the areas of anti-vandalism, addition of new information, and general article cleanup.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia? —
- I must say that I'm not much of a contributor in the technical area. I have created the templates Template:1st and Template:C, and expanded the Template:Game Info Box, but otherwise I can't credit myself in that area.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community? —
- Contributions to the community include efforts to encourage more active involvement in the cleanup of Halopedia, and proposals such as the limitation of illogical bracketed addendums, and the abolishment of the Red vs Blue era icon, the latter of which is still sluggishly ongoing.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose? —
- I wish administer a number of changes should I become an administrator, many of which regard the community, by extension the stability of the hierarchical structure, and other things I haven't yet made comprehensible to the human mind.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail? —
- To the best of my understanding, administration does not entail superiority outside of the user in question being entrusted with more responsibility for the benefit of the wiki. Administrator and ordinary user should be on the same hierarchically social level, and the former should not use their entrusted abilities for anything other than the aforementioned responsibilities they have been assigned.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are? —
- Putting my current self-bestowed situation aside, I should be active on Halopedia more or less every day, and if that can not be the case for various comprehensible reasons, I shall inform my fellow administrators of my absence and the estimated or exact time for which I shall be so.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise? —
- I'm also an administrator on the Half-Life and Portal wiki; Combine OverWiki. I have a Bungie.net account and an Xbox LIVE subscription, if that has any significance.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe? —
- I'm as familiar with the Halo universe as one can pretty much be. I have Halos Combat Evolved, 2, 3, ODST and Wars and have pre-ordered the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition, as well as having every Halo novel, the Encyclopedia, and the mildly disappointing Halo Legends on DVD.
10. What is your familiarity with Wikia and Halopedia policies? —
- I've read every Halopedia policy, and am thoroughly familiar with Wikia policy through avoidable experience.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration? —
- I'm pretty well known around Halopedia, and converse with administrators, regular and normal users alike every day. I'm on the IRC almost every day, so am connected with the community quite well through it.
12. How may users contact you? —
- Well, there is an unusually common misconception among newcomers that I am already an administrator, for reasons I can scarcely fathom, thus I am contacted by a large volume of users, as evident by the comments on my userpage. Those that are correctly aware of my ordinary user status usually contact me regarding editing issues, such as rollbacks, conflicts and accusations that my reverting of that particular user's edits are nothing short of inhuman atrocities.
|Requests for Adminship Archive|