History moved to Halopedia talk:History
You might have noticed a new feature called Wikia Spotlight above the ads. We are featuring eight wikis here to see whether this is useful in bringing in new users. Halopedia is one of the first ones to be shown in this feature, and I'd appreciate your feedback at Wikia:Forum:Wikia Spotlight about whether you think this is useful, and whether it has brought any new users to your wiki. The eight wikis we're trying this with first are World Wikia, Marvel Universe, Halopedia, Cell Phone Enthusiasts, iPod, PokerWiki, The Film Guide, and RuneScapeWiki. Angela (talk) 14:04, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
- I think it's a great idea! Any publicity will help us out! Is there are any user tools to tell if there is an increase in site traffic? Also, do you have a solution to the Search_logo.png, shown further up the page? --John117 21:48, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
- According to the tracker on the Main Page there was an increase of traffic but thats gone down.--Esemono 04:30, 4 September 2006 (UTC)
This is just a question, not a recommendation. Should there be a welcome template on this page? -Blemo
- No, because the welcome template should send them here, and this is an information page, not a welcome center. That is what the main page is for. --ED(talk)(gaming) 03:32, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Votes for merge
- Don't merge Halopedia:About explains what the wiki is about, for the newbies. Halo Alpha is an article about the fansite from a different perspective, more about the history of the site, notability, etc., than stuff for newbies. --NOTASTAFF GPT(talk)(eating) 20:56, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Don't merge per GPT. --Dragonclaws(talk) 21:07, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Don't merge - Halo Alpha is the content of our Wikipedia article before it was deleted, if I recall correctly. -- Manticore Talk | Contributions 02:38, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
If there is a page explain the gifts, where it is? And if there isn't, what are the gifts about? 343guilty-caboose 18:42, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
"This wiki is absolutely free, no money is ever paid. Ever. Unless I change my mind." Nice catch, Specops.Bllasae 23:05, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Flood numbers don't make sense....
In Halo CE, 2, and 3 there are the three main types of flood forms. Infection type, Carrier type, and Combat type (Human, Elite, or Brute). I can understand the numbers of the Infection type and Carrier type, but the numbers of the Combat type don't make sense to me.
Ex. Halo CE
In the Battle of Installation 04, there were about 1,000 humans and many thousands of covenant (about 5,000-15,000). Out of the 5,000-15,000, the majority of Covenant is grunts and jackals; only a few actually will be elites (at most maybe 1,000-5,000 elites).
When playing missions such as the Keyes, The Library, The Maw, etc... the numbers of the flood don't make sense. In each of these levels there are literally hundreds of Human and Elite combat types that the MC has to kill.
You are to tell me that MC alone was responsible for over a thousand humans and elites who were already infected? It doesn't make.
Installation 04 is a huge structure. Its diameter is 10,000km. Earth's diameter is 12,756km. I can understand why the flood attacked the Covenant ship "Truth and Reconciliation" and later on the "Pillar of Autumn", but why would such a large number of the flood be in the Halo's Library (that level has the most amount of flood; there well over 500 combat types)? There was nobody to infect there except the MC.
Moreover, it has been clear that grunts and jackals are not used for combat but instead for additional Biomass for the Flood.Corsair.alltheway 18:44, April 13, 2012 (UTC)corsair.alltheway