Halo Theme MJOLNIR Mix is the first track on Halo 2 Original Soundtrack Volume 1. It is a remix of the original Halo Theme, and contains two electric guitars (a lead guitar on the left side and a rhythm guitar on the right side) accompaniment by Steve Vai. The piece has a length of 4:11, and it plays several times during Halo 2, namely during the demo video, the end of Metropolis where John-117 boards a Scarab and during the ending credits.
- The Halo Theme MJOLNIR Mix was played at the 2005 New Year's celebration in Seattle, Washington.
- The song is available as a free Xbox Live download for the music game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
- This song is a reworked version of Rock Anthem for Saving the World, although it's four times longer.
- This song was played at the E3 2007 conference.
- During the Halo 2 credits, it fades out at only 2:24.
- This is often considered to be the Halo 2 theme, due to its common usage.
- This song is played if you call Microsoft Customer Service and are put on hold.
- This song was remade as the Gungnir Mix in the Halo 2: Anniversary Original Soundtrack.