Combat flyers has been a staple in the Sangheili warfare for millennia, and the Hesduros-pattern T-54 Banshee harkens back to earlier designs that once dominated the Sanghelios skies. Freed from the design shackles of conservative San'Shyuum bureaucrats, the Banshee has been updated with numerous improvements, including an integral energy shield.
The Hesduros-pattern Banshee, designated the Type-54 Ground Support Vehicle by the UNSC, was a post-war replacement for and improvement upon the Type-26 Banshee used throughout the Human-Covenant war. It was employed by both the Swords of Sanghelios and Jul 'Mdama's Covenant.
Class History[edit | edit source]
By October 2558, Hesduros-pattern Banshees were in use by the Swords of Sangheilios during the Blooding Years. In that same time frame, Jul 'Mdama's Covenant used them during the Battle of Kamchatka, the Raid on UNSC Argent Moon, and during the Blooding Years. Both sides used them in the climactic Battle of Sunaion. The famous Saban'amnsir has also been rendered as a Hesduros-pattern in UNSC War Games, despite it being well known and operating during the Human-Covenant war.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Sword Banshee||The Swords of Sanghelios have, through defections and raids, acquired many Hesduros-pattern Banshees, with increased armour.||
|Banshee Ultra||An armoured Banshee variant with upgraded weaponry, each of which is entrusted only to skilled Sangheili pilots.|
|Temple Banshee||A Banshee used by the sky-chevaliers of the Zealot orders, which reappeared during the Blooding Years.||
|Boss Banshee||A Banshee variant driven by boss targets in Warzone simulations.|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Changes from the Type-26 Banshee[edit | edit source]
- Has on-board energy shielding.
- Fuel rod cannon can lock onto enemy targets, however there is no indicator signifying that a shot has been locked on.
- The joints on the wings and a boost drive located at the rear of the Banshee serve as weak spots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
REQ Cards[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Covenant vehicles are designated based on when they were first properly documented by the UNSC. Thus, the Type-54 GSA was first documented in 2554. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "54designation" defined multiple times with different content
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Designs of the Times
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Sweet Centennial Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Sweet Centennial" defined multiple times with different content
- Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Alliance
- Halo 5: Guardians - Levels: Osiris, Blue Team, and Enemy Lines
- Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Battle of Sunaion
- Halo 5: Guardians - Map: Escape From A.R.C.
- Twitter - Zeddly Premonition(Information datamined from the files of Halo 5: Forge.)