Human Starships were space faring vessels built by Humans. Humans have maintained and created numerous starships throughout their existence and numerous factions have controlled them.
- 1 History
- 2 Organization
- 3 Armament
- 4 Types
- 5 List of Human Starships
- 6 Sources
History[edit | edit source]
Ancient Spacefaring[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Prehistoric human civilization
Humanity was once a highly advanced spacefaring civilization, spanning a number of star systems. They operated a number of ships, including the Prime Cruiser. Following the Human-Forerunner war, humanity was fragmented and de-evolved into a variety of subspecies and losing all space travel knowledge in the process.
Rebuilding Post-Halo Activation[edit | edit source]
It wouldn't be until 2291 before humanity relearned the secrets of Slipstream Space, thanks to the efforts of Tobias Shaw and Wallace Fujikawa. In 2362, the first extra-solar colony ship was created, named the Odyssey. This sparked a wave of colonization.
Colonization and Insurrection[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Insurrection
By 2490, humans had established 800 colonies, divided by the prospering Inner colonies and the under developed Outer Colonies. Much political tension existed because of this division, leading to numerous ship developments and ship events. One of the starting factors of this insurrection was the Callisto Incident which saw the capture of the UNSC Callisto.
Human-Covenant war[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Human-Covenant war
Over the course of the Human-Covenant war, the UNSC saw huge losses in terms of starships lost. Though with the war, new developments came. A new fighter class, the F-41 Exoatmospheric Multirole Strike Fighter was born during the war. As well, construction on the UNSC Infinity, post-Halo's largest starship, in 2544.
Post-war[edit | edit source]
After the war, an unprecedented addition human ships was created, the energy shield. The Autumn-class heavy cruiser, the Strident-class heavy frigate and the Infinity-class supercarrier were all added to the UNSC's fleet; all three had built in shielding.
As well, the various ship battles over the course of the war created debris fields over human colonies. One instance of this was over Tribute. Civilians could also scavenge some of these ruined ships and even claime them using loopholes in the maritime salvage law.
Organization[edit | edit source]
Naming[edit | edit source]
Human ships have unique names. As well, to assist in faction identification, they are often adorned with the prefix of their faction.
Known Prefixs[edit | edit source]
- UNSC - United Nations Space Command, Example: UNSC Pillar of Autumn, UNSC Forward Unto Dawn
- CAA - Colonial Administration Authority, Example: CAA Butterworth, CAA Casbah
- CMA - Colonial Military Administration, Example: CMA Vostok, CMA Season of Plenty
- URF - United Rebel Front, Example: URF Origami
Armament[edit | edit source]
Humans have had armed ships since the ancient days. More modern weapons include Archer Missiles, M910 Point-defense guns, Shiva-class nuclear missiles and on larger ships, the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon.
Types[edit | edit source]
Starfighter[edit | edit source]
Multiple starfighters were created by humans. These include the GA-TL1 Longsword-class Interceptor, the F-41 Exoatmospheric Multirole Strike Fighter, the Open Frame 92/Extra-Vehicular Activity, and the YSS-1000 Prototype Anti-Ship Spaceplane.
Dropship[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Dropship
Light Capital Warship[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Light capital warship
Insurrectionists as well managed to capture or otherwise procure light capital ships. The Iliad, a United Rebel Front frigate, was known to harass and attack UNSC ships around Eridanus II in 2517. The URF also operated a destroyer, the URF Origami.
Heavy Capital Warship[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Heavy capital warship
Colony Starships[edit | edit source]
Humanity maintained numerous colony ships, including the Odyssey-class colony ship, the UNSC operated Phoenix-class colony ship, the Star Charter-class colony support ship, and an unidentified colony ship.
Cargo Ships[edit | edit source]
Several cargo ships and Freighters were created by humans. This includes the Parabola-class freighter, the Laden-class freighter, the Bactrian-class freighter, the Unidentified civilian cargo ship, and the Mariner-class transport ship.
List of Human Starships[edit | edit source]
UNSC Starships[edit | edit source]
- Main article: UNSC Starship
CAA Starships[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Colonial Administration Authority
CMA Starships[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Colonial Military Administration
URF Starships[edit | edit source]
- Main article: United Rebel Front
Civilian Starships[edit | edit source]
Cargo[edit | edit source]
|Mariner-class transport ship||Ace of Spades||Unknown|
Luxury[edit | edit source]
|Unknown||Two Drink Minimum||Unknown|
|National Holiday||Destroyed in Insurrectionist bombing|
Colony[edit | edit source]
|Odyssey-class colony ship||Odyssey||Colonized Reach|
|Star Charter-class colony support ship||Meridian 5-Alpha||Grounded to Meridian|
|Unknown||NZ-111 27||Colonized Darkstar Station, Meridian|
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo 3 - Map: Orbital
- Xbox.com Halo Storyline (Defunct, Copy on HBO Forums)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - page 436
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Bulkhead Banter
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Armory Amore
- Halo: Combat Evolved: Sybex Official Strategies & Secrets - page 60
- Halo Wars - Collectible: Halo Wars Timeline Events
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 114
- Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo - page 133
- Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - En Voyage
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 179
- Halo: First Strike (2010) - Adjunct
- Halo: Fall of Reach - Boot Camp
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx - pages 36-37