Jerome-092, born Jerome Cable, is a SPARTAN-II Commando of the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command. He was a member of Red Team and fought alongside the crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire in early 2531. He is one of the leaders of Red Team.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Sources
Jerome Cable was born on May 8, 2511 to a poor family in the Palaikos borderlands of the colony of Minister. Early into his childhood, he turned to a life of crime and discovered his violent side. After being selected as a suitable candidate for the SPARTAN-II Program in 2517, he was abducted and sent to Reach, where he was specially trained to be a soldier. In 2525, he and the other candidates underwent a series of augmentations to improve their physical and mental abilities. Jerome was among the ones that survived and were not crippled or killed by the procedure.
During his training, he tried to escape numerous times, but he quickly proved himself to be considered one of the program's top candidates. Both Dr. Halsey and Chief Mendez identified him as one of four emerging leaders within the Spartan-II group, along with Kurt-051, Frederic-104, and John-117.
Jerome's leadership skills were correctly observed, as he later became the earliest known appointed leader of the Spartan-II's Red Team.
Battle of Arcadia
Jerome was the appointed leader of Red Team during the First Battle of Arcadia. He and his team were tasked with stopping the Covenant long enough to evacuate the civilians of Arcadia. Afterward, he and Red Team linked up with forces from the Spirit of Fire and assisted in a counter-attack on a Covenant outpost. Once the plan to infiltrate a large Covenant shield was passed down from Captain James Cutter, Jerome and Red Team remained with the crew to assist with the assignment. He prevented the destruction of several prototype Rhinos while they ensured that the shield was destroyed. After Sergeant John Forge's forces triumphed over a Scarab, the three searched for Covenant survivors in the jungles on a Warthog. Jerome accompanied Sergeant Forge to the bridge of the Spirit of Fire to report their situation. Upon hearing that Professor Ellen Anders had been abducted by the Arbiter, Jerome immediately recommended destroying the fleeing vessel, much to Forge's displeasure, stating that Professor Anders "...represented a significant security breach." However, against Jerome's recommendation, Captain Cutter ordered the Spirit of Fire into Slipspace, following the Covenant ship carrying Anders. Jerome-092 and Sergeant Forge left the bridge, and came to a brief altercation, resulting in a broken chair, a seal malfunction on a bulkhead and a stern interruption from Serina. From then on, Forge and Jerome always ate together in the mess hall.
Later, upon arriving at a Forerunner Shield World, Jerome assisted the Spirit of Fire's crew in neutralizing Covenant and Flood forces. Once Jerome assisted in destroying a Proto-Gravemind he and Red Team became stranded on the planet. With the Spirit of Fire being dragged inside the megastructure, Red Team was assisted by the forces of Sergeant John Forge and successfully withdrew to the ship. Red Team then assisted the crew in scouring the Flood forces from the hull of the Spirit of Fire and successfully repaired the power core when it was damaged.
- “Good luck sir, it's been an honor.”
Once Anders was rescued, he was tasked with ensuring the Spirit of Fire's Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine arrived at the teleporter that would take it to The Apex's command center. In the control center, Jerome, along with Alice-130 and Douglas-042, engaged a large force of Honor Guards while Forge engaged the Arbiter. Once the area was clear, Jerome volunteered to take the slightly-damaged drive in and ensure its destruction. Sergeant Forge, believing that Spartans would play a bigger part in the war than he ever could, took his place. Jerome (with the Spirit of Fire's crew) was then charged with opening the gate which allowed the Spirit of Fire to exit the Shield World.
Spirit of Fire Infestation.
The 1 January 2537, a little Flood infestation began aboard the Spirit of Fire. Serina, awakened only Doctor Ellen Anders. However, soon after, Jerome was awakened and released from his cryotube too, having requested earlier to be awoken in the event of Anders' release, and fight the growing infestation alone. However, as Serina has been degrading over the years, she almost threw him to space with the last Flood combat form. After securing the ship, Jerome put himself in cryosleep again, followed by Anders.
- Main article: Battle of Installation 00 (2559)
In 2559, after years in cryosleep, Jerome and the rest of the Spirit of Fire arrived at Installation 00. The Spirit detected a signal coming from the surface. Jerome with Red Team were sent down to investigate. Eventually they found the destroyed Henry Lamb Research Outpost along with a lone AI called Isabel. The team recovered the AI before discovering the leader of the The Banished Atriox waiting for them in the rear of the outpost. The battle with Atriox left Douglas injured forcing Red Team to retreat in a Warthog. Jerome and Douglas returned to the Spirit with Alice going MIA after covering their escape.
Aboard the Spirit, Jerome and Captain Cutter were briefed on the current state of the galaxy by Isabel, the origin of Atriox and the Banished. Jerome was then tasked with leading a squad of Marines to cut through enemy lines whilst destroying their bases and avoiding fire from the Banished's CAS-class assault carrier, Enduring Conviction. The main objective of the mission was to corner and kill Decimus, Atriox's right hand, who was running a salvage operation in the area. Once cornered, Decimus used the Ark's teleportation Grid to escape and then bombarded the area with plasma. Following the devastation, Jerome's troops discovered the location of one of the Ark's Cartographers and that the Banished were trying to gain control of it.
Sometime during the campaigns against The Banished, Captain Cutter promoted Jerome to the rank of Commander, at the behest of Isabel. Though this rank is merely a formality, it does help to re-align the command structure on board the Spirit.
Jerome-092 is a Spartan unit who carries a Spartan Laser as his primary weapon and also has a special ability to hijack any vehicle.
Although Jerome and his fellow Red Team members do not appear in Skirmish, the final upgrade for Spartans equips them with a Spartan Laser, making them functionally identical.
Halo Wars 2
Jerome-092 still maintains his 'Halo Wars' gameplay, unlike his counterpart, Commander Jerome now carries a Hydra Launcher that can deal splash damage to any units close enough. If any unit decide to get close to him, he'll smack them with his launcher.
|Image||Energy Cost||Rarity||Leader Restriction|
|Image||Energy Cost||Rarity||Leader Restriction|
- Active Powers: Enduring Salvo, Victory Turret, Spartan Morale
- Unique Units: Mastodon, Team Omega (Robert-025, August-099, Leon-011), Theseus
- Jerome-092's name was inspired by the Campaign Lead of Halo Wars, Jerome K. Jones.
- Jerome has to be a Petty Officer Third Class for John Forge to outrank him. However, all SPARTAN-IIs became Petty Officers Second Class upon graduation in 2525.
- McFarlane Toys released a figurine of Jerome titled "Red Team Leader Mark IV." It was released on March 2 in a boxed set that also included an MA5B Assault Rifle, John-117, and a flamethrower.
- Mendez and Halsey considered him one of four top candidates for a leadership position among the SPARTAN-IIs.
- If one looks on Jerome's right pauldron, there is a tattooed print of an ancient Spartan Helmet.
- Despite Commander Jerome being a Spartan unit, he can't be assassinated nor perform any.
- Halo Wars (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach
- Dr. Halsey's Personal Journal (Mentioned only)
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Tales From Slipspace
- Halo Waypoint: Universe: Characters, Official Biography Page
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 153
- Halo Waypoint: Halo Wars 2 - Welcome Jerome & Arbiter!
- Halo Wars 2 - Collectible: Phoenix Logs - UNSC Units - Jerome-092
- Halo: The Fall of Reach
- Halo: Reach Limited Edition Dr. Halsey's private journal
- Halo Wars - Level: Arcadia City
- Halo Wars - Level: Arcadia Outskirts
- Halo Wars - Level: Dome of Light
- Halo Wars - Level: Scarab
- Halo Wars - Level: Anders' Signal
- Halo Wars - Level: The Flood
- Halo Wars - Level: Shield World
- Halo Wars - Level: Cleansing
- Halo Wars - Level: Repairs
- Halo Wars - Level: Escape
- Halo Wars - Level: Reactor
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace-[[Something has Happened]-p.11-26
- Halo Wars 2 - Level: The Signal
- Halo Wars 2 - Level: A New Enemy
- 1up.com: Ten Things You Didn't Know About Halo Wars