|This article does not have enough inline citations or proper citation format. You can help Halo Alpha by adding citations.|
- “Lifeworkers—experts on living things and medicine—rank below both Builders and Miners, but just above Warriors. And the highest rank of Lifeworker is Lifeshaper. The Librarian was one of just three Lifeworkers ever honored with that rank.”
History[edit | edit source]
While there was more than one Lifeshaper, the most well-known and respected was the Librarian. As the highest ranking Lifeworker in the galaxy during the Forerunner-Flood war, the process of cataloging and preserving as many species as possible from both the Flood and the Halo Array was her personal project. She worked tirelessly during the final hours of the war to protect as many species as possible, especially humans. She would eventually remain on Erde-Tyrene during the activation of the Halo Array, overseeing the construction of the Portal. She would bestow the rank of Lifeshaper on the young Lifeworker Chant-to-Green. Chant would then take several surviving humans in a Lifeworker Keyship to the lesser Ark, where they would be cached for safety from the imminent activation of the Halos. The Librarian was killed on the surface of Erde-Tyrene when the rings fired. Chant's fate is unknown.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The last known Lifeshaper was Chant-to-Green.
- The Librarian was only the third Lifeshaper in Ecumene history. Including Chant-to-Green, this means that there were only four Lifeshapers in the history of the Forerunners.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo: Cryptum - Chapter 1.
- Halo: Cryptum - page ???
- Halo: Silentium - String 37
- Halo Waypoint, Explore the Universe, Cryptum Glossary