|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The M12 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle (M12 LRV), commonly known as the Warthog, was a variant of the M12 Force Application Vehicle and the UNSC's most prolific anti-infantry vehicle. It is identical to the M12 FAV except that it features a mounted chaingun in the back.
- 1 Class History
- 2 Design
- 3 Variants
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Sources
Class History[edit | edit source]
Human-Covenant war[edit | edit source]
Early War[edit | edit source]
Fall of Reach[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Fall of Reach
Battle of Earth[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Battle of Earth
Post-war[edit | edit source]
Design[edit | edit source]
The standard UNSC M12 LRV uses the regular 12.OL liquid-cooled hydrogen-injected Internal Combustion Engine.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Ammunition for these guns vary. In the case of some ONI LRVs, these guns will be loaded with high explosive dual purpose rounds. The Swords of Sanghelios also managed to get an M343A2 to fire Subanese crystals and place it on an M12 LRV.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Camouflage
Warthog LRVs can be equipped with any number of colors, camos, designs and logos.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Corp Warthog||An up-armored Warthog used by Liang Dortmund.|
|N/A||Tundra Warthog||An up-armored Warthog with an arctic camouflage pattern.|
|N/A||Woodland Warthog||An up-armored Warthog with a woodland camouflage pattern used by the UNSC Army.|
|N/A||Urban Warthog||An up-armored Warthog with an urban camouflage pattern.|
|N/A||ONI Warthog||A heavily-armored black Warthog used by ONI with a machine gun loaded with high-explosive rounds.|
|N/A||Rally Warthog||A modified off-road racing Warthog with higher top speeds and faster acceleration.|
|N/A||Sword Needler Warthog||A Warthog modified by the Swords of Sanghelios to have a regenerating energy shield and a slower-firing machine gun that fires Subanese crystals instead of its standard ammunition.|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
From Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo 2[edit | edit source]
- Gains a horn which can be honked by pulling the right trigger.
- Becomes a destructible vehicle.
- Can now power slide.
From Halo 2 to Halo 3 and Halo: Reach[edit | edit source]
- If the right trigger is continuously pulled, the horn of the Warthog will stop playing after about 2 seconds.
From Halo: Reach to Halo 4[edit | edit source]
- Gains a more industrial look.
- Horn can now be honked indefinitely.
From Halo 4 to Halo 2: Anniversary[edit | edit source]
- New sound effects for the Warthog.
From Halo 2: Anniversary to Halo 5: Guardians[edit | edit source]
- Multiple variants of the Warthog have been added for use in multiplayer.
Halo Wars 2[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 108
- Halo Waypoint - Universe - Warthog
- Halo Encyclopedia, page 240
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: REQ Card - Sword Needler Warthog
- Halo Encyclopedia, page 241
- Halo Wars - Levels: Alpha Base & Relic Approach
- Halo 2: Anniversary - Level: Outskirts
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: REQ Card - Corp Warthog
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: REQ Card - ONI Warthog