|This article does not have enough inline citations or proper citation format. You can help Halo Alpha by adding citations.|
The M395 DMR is a gas-operated, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, shoulder-fired marksman's rifle that is equipped with a smart-linked, telescopic, rail-mounted sight for scout personnel. This rifle favors mid- to long-ranged combat, offering impressive stopping power over a long distance.
Changes from the M392 DMREdit
- Magazine size was decreased from 15 to 14 rounds.
- Slightly faster fire rate.
- Decreased maximum ammo capacity from 60 to 42.
- Heavily decreased bloom.
- The scope and ammo counter both appear light green.
- The ammo counter number appears in black instead of blue.
- A thumbhole stock has been added.
- A longer barrel has been added.
- A muzzle brake has been added.
- The flashlight has been removed from the barrel.
- The handle guard is now more curved.
- Longer length of the gun.
Changes in the Halo 4 Weapon Tuning UpdateEdit
- Main article: Weapon Tuning Update
- Red reticle range has been slightly decreased.
- 343 Industries has stated that balancing the DMR with the BR was a challenge since there has not been more than one weapon belonging to the same faction per game.
- In an early version of Halo 4 and the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, the M395 DMR had 15 rounds per magazine, just like the M392 DMR from Halo: Reach, but in the final game, this was reduced to 14 rounds for balancing reasons.
- In gameplay, the blueprint shows the M392 DMR instead of the M395 DMR.
- ↑ Fire rate acquired by timing with a stopwatch to the nearest millisecond. Mathematics used: Number of rounds fired (N) divided by the time required to fire those rounds (T) multiplied by 60 =rounds per minute. Example: N / T * 60 =RPM
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Halo 4 Limited Edition
- ↑ 7.62x51mm NATO
- ↑ GameInformer - The Arsenal Of Halo 4
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - The Halo Bulletin 5.29.13