The M45D Tactical Shotgun is a UNSC shotgun.
Design[edit | edit source]
An upgrade from the previous M45 and M90 models, the M45D fires M296 SC 8-gauge magnum shells with a magnetorheological dampening system to reduce recoil, making it more comfortable to use in the battlefield. Although significantly more technologically improved than its predecessors, the M45D lacks a smart-link controllable choke.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- It is capable of killing an enemy Spartan in one shot in close range.
- Its one-shot kill range is longer than the Scattershot's.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- The Shotgun is useless beyond its one-shot-kill range due to its large spread.
- The Shotgun has a slow reload speed.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 5: Guardians[edit | edit source]
- Capacity reduced from 6 rounds to 5.
- Now gains a functioning flashlight on the shotgun pump.
- Gains the ability to smart-scope. When smart-scoped, spread is reduced.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 5: Guardians
Sources[edit | edit source]