The M739 Light Machine Gun, also known as the SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon), is used in heavy engagements where sustained or suppressive fire is required.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- The SAW is powerful enough to take down most enemies in just a small burst.
- The SAW has a large magazine.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- The SAW recoils a player's aim upwards as it fires.
- The SAW has a long reload time.
- The SAW is ineffective at long range.
Changes in the Halo 4 Weapon Tuning Update[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Weapon Tuning Update
- The SAW's damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault rifle.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 5: Guardians[edit | edit source]
- Ammo counter has lines now.
- Slightly higher rate of fire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The SAW has a holographic ammunition indicator bar on the back of its top rail. As the ammunition in the magazine is used, the bar depletes and changes color from yellow to red.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.