The MA5 Series is a series of automatic weapons produced by Misriah Armory and adopted by the United Nations Space Command Defense Force in 2437 and used during the Insurrection, the Human-Covenant war, and beyond. All MA5s are bullpup weapons, with the magazine, bolt, and firing pin located behind the trigger, and fire 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition. They serve as the "bread and butter" of UNSCDF forces, being the standard-issue combat rifle for most UNSCDF personnel.
- MA37 Individual Combat Weapon System (32 rounds) (Halo: Reach)[note 1]
- MA5B Individual Combat Weapon System (60 Rounds) (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Wars, and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary)
- MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System (32 Rounds) (Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST)
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System (32-36 Rounds) (Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians)
- MA5K Carbine (30 Rounds) (Halo: Ghosts of Onyx)
- ↑ The MA37 (designated MA5 by the Marines and the Navy) first entered service with the UNSC in 2437. It has remained the primary service rifle of all branches of the UNSC ever since.
- ↑ http://www.bungie.net/projects/halo3/content.aspx?link=h3plasmapistol
- ↑ Halo: First Strike
- ↑ Game Informer
- ↑ Bungie.net: MA37 ICWS