Welcome, Nikoli the rebel! Edit
Welcome to Halo Alpha! Thanks for joining our community! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements. We hope you enjoy using our site!
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help.
- Questions? Need help? Don't know what to do? Just post a message on my talk page!
- Follow our policies, to make sure that all of us get along harmoniously.
- Sign in every time you edit, so that we can recognize you.
- Read the Blog Policy before making blogs.
- Sign your comments by typing ~~~~. This adds your signature and the date, so we know who's talking!
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you! Have fun!
Please refrain from editing more than once on a page within a short time. If you are not sure how your edit will look, use the preview button. Alos, don't add the sub-category of categories if it's already in place (Ex. Don't add in the category for forerunner if another category of similarities is there).
Kind regards,23:09, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Whoa. whoa. whoa. I can use a preview button. I was not Multi-editting. If adding forrunner ship classifications and also forrunner ship classes (Which both categories exist) is bad or something them sue me. Also why did you block me from your talk page?????? It is like you said "This guy is pissing me off, I am going to ignore him for a while." It looks rude. Nikoli the rebel (talk) 23:54, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- You edited Forerunner Dreadnaught (5×) (Multiple-edit are 4+) and you kept adding in hte same category over and over when I have reverted it. You were add in unnecessary categories in which the 2 that's currently there is fine enough. You show no sign of stopping so I banned you for 3 days for unnecessary multiple edits. Please look up policy on categories so that an issue like this doesn't occur again.
- Kind regards, 23:28, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- When I looked at the wiki activtity, I see that I added categories twice on Forrunner caste system, with each edit within 30 seconds of each other. Then for 13 min. went and I posted some other stuff on multiple other places. At the end of the 13 min. you 'corrected' Forrunner caste system.
- 6 minutes after that I edited Forunner Dreadnought twice, within 2 minutes of each other. 2 min. after my last edit, you 'corrected' Forunner Dreadnought.
- I fail to see the 5 times I edited Forunner Dreadnought or the persistant changing of the article over and over again after you corrected it. I also visited the rules and policy page and I found no rule or policy on Categories.
- The only way I can see cause for a block is if I was acheivment whoring (Multi posting). But I have already explained above that I did not multi post but rather posted twice on to different articles. That doesn't come close to the 5x on Forunner Dreadnought.
- I will humbly await your reply. Thanks for listening. Nikoli the rebel (talk) 23:54, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- P.S. I didn't know you had to leave a link to your talk page on your own talk page.
RE: TF BRAVO
ALERT: COVENANT HAVE BREACHED EARTH'S ORBITAL DEFENSES
NIKOLI, YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO TASK FORCE BRAVO
PREPARE FOR DROP
Bravo's Adventures Edit
Nikoli, may I ask why you left? you have been quite inactive lately.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. In the future if you are going to be inactive let us know. Additionally let us know if while you are inactive we can use your char. This doesn't happen often but you have to do it.
Your profile pictureEdit
I hate to break it to you, but as soon as I started playing a LITTLE CoD, I knew what you have for your very profile picture. You THINK you have Halo as a profile picture, but really, you have a CoD maniac specialist suit as a profile pic. Don't worry, its really an epic specialty bonus, but it is from CoD. Tee Hee.
RE: RE: Profile pictureEdit
Yeah, it is a really fun specialty to use. No guns, all glory.
Elite Remnant Legion WikiEdit
You are invited to the ERL wiki. Please come and make a page for your character. In a few weeks or so we will relive the Saurain IV Crisis on our wiki and things will be interesting. It will be just like old times and you can clash with the remnant and any of its new members. For now I'd just like you to make a page about your character on the wiki. Thanks for your time.
RE: Vandalism Edit
If a user is vandalizing a page, humorous or not, the best course of action is generally to leave a straightforward message explaining to them that the behavior isn't acceptable and that further vandalism may lead to a temporary block from the wiki. While many negative actions are indeed for the attention, sometimes there's people who just think it's acceptable for some odd reason. Furthermore, if a series of user behaviors gets problematic to the point where action IS needed, you'll be more comfortable taking action knowing that you gave the user a fair warning to stop the behavior. When giving a warning, make it simple and concise, telling them to stop the action they're doing (in this case vandalizing), and the consequences that will occur should they continue (such as the length of a block). Don't make it overly emotional or entertaining (otherwise you "feed the trolls"), just make it basic, simple statements. If you simply sit there and undo the users' edits without saying anything, they're already getting attention, and may make a game out of it. If you need further help with making a good message to another user, or want advice in other communications with users, Community Central on Wikia is a great place to go! 04:56, December 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Furthermore, if the vandalism is too widespread for you to easily roll it back, you can always contact VSTF. They have much better tools to combat vandalism, and are generally available through their IRC.
Be straightforward and to the point. Warn them not to vandalize any more pages. If the user continues, then a ban is in order. Be efficient and move on.