- “Spartan Games needed to generate both concept and models in some cases (ORS Heavy Cruiser), in others we could provide detailed concept and reference but no models (DSC Support Ship)...”
The Mjern-pattern agricultural support ship, also known as the DSC-class support ship, is a type of support vessel used by the Covenant. It is attached to the fleets that travel far from established supply lines.
These vessels are much smaller than a Covenant capital ship, and are not designed for combat. Rather, they are designed to provide fresh food for Covenant soldiers. They contain large hunting preserves holding many types of animals, to be killed and fed to the Sangheili and San'Shyuum within the fleet, as well as plants, but it is unclear if these plants are eaten. These hunting grounds were also used for recreation.
Mjern-pattern ships can also repair ship parts in special maintenance forges.
Mjern-pattern ships carry their own complement of troops. This included seven Obedientaries and 150 Warriors.
Ships of the LineEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - pages 68 & 69
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder, Ship Happens
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Infinity & Beyond
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo Graphic Novel - page 15-19
- ↑ The Halo Graphic Novel - The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor, page ??