|There is more information available on this subject at Mount Kilimanjaro on the English Wikipedia.|
Mount Kilimanjaro is one of the Earth's most famous mountains, located in Tanzania near the border of Kenya. It is the tallest mountain in the African continent and the tallest free-standing mountain in the world.
In the 24th century, melted water from Kilimanjaro was collected by the Global Water Campaign water purification complex, processed and sent along the GWC Trans-African Pipelines along the Tsavo Highway for use across the rest of the African continent. By the 26th century, this facility has fallen into disrepair and is overgrown in jungle after more than a century of neglect. One of GWC's installations, the A2 Hydroelectric Facility located along the Weru Weru River, was still operational by the 26th century.
- Main article: Battle of Earth
On November 17, 2552, John-117 crashed to Earth close to Kilimanjaro, with UNSC Marines assisting the Spartan in evading Covenant occupiers and clearing much of the jungle near Kilimanjaro of the Covenant presence before being extracted.
- The level Sierra 117 of Halo 3 was in the jungles near Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Kilimanjaro is seen during the Hillside Memorial scene at the end of Halo 3.
- Kilimanjaro was also seen in the Halo: CEA terminals.
- If a player gets 7 kills with in 4 seconds of each other, they get the Killimanjaro medal.