|There is more information available on this subject at Nathan Fillion on the English Wikipedia.|
I'm a Halo guy. The Bungie folks were kind enough to have me do a voice for Halo 3. So there's nothing like sitting down to a nice game of Halo and shooting at myself. I like to get online, and the reason I like it is I've got a lot of friends in Canada and New York, all over Los Angeles and at great distances. Sometimes I take off for months at a time to go work, and my social time is on that box. You put on a little headset and unwind with your friends. You hang out, you laugh, it's good times. And when it's all done, you don't have to send anybody home. No one's drunk all your beer. You just say, 'Good night, I'm going to bed,' and it's off and it's done.
Nathan Fillion (born March 27, 1971 in Edmonton, Alberta) is a Canadian actor, best known for his lead role in the television series Firefly as Captain Reynolds and in Castle as Richard Castle. In Halo 3, he supplies the voice of Gunnery Sergeant Reynolds, named in homage to Fillion's most famous character. In Halo 3: ODST not only does Nathan Fillion provide the voice for Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck, the character's physical appearance was modeled after the actor as well. Fillion also reprised his role as Buck for a cameo in the Halo: Reach level New Alexandria, and also provided the character's Firefight voice. Edward Buck is again making an appearance in Halo 5: Guardians, with an updated likeness to Nathan Fillion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nathan Fillion and Tricia Helfer (the voice of Captain Veronica Dare) recorded most of their voice work for Halo 3: ODST in the same recording booth, which is rare in voice acting.
- Nathan claims to have invented the Radar Jammer when asked about his Bungie Armor on Xbox Live.
- When Fillion was being recorded for Halo 5, he jokingly asked if they could make him a bit more handsome. 343 did exactly that, enhancing Buck to make him appear more handsome than Fillion actually is.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Comic Book Resources: Nathon Fillion talks about playing Steve Trevor in "Wonder Woman"
- Hawty McBloggy - Nathan Fillion's Halo Dreams Will Never Come True
- Halo 3: ODST interview with Brian Jarrard
- Halo: Reach, level New Alexandria
- IGN Video: Halo 3: ODST Xbox 360 Behind the Scenes - PAX 09: Nathan Fillion, Tricia Helfer and More (Off-Screen)