Petty Officer Second Class Nicole-458 is a United Nations Space Command SPARTAN-II supersoldier. She was introduced as an unlockable character for the fighting game Dead or Alive 4. Nicole is considered canon in the Halo Universe, but her appearance in Dead or Alive 4 isn't.
Nicole was born in the year 2531 in the city of New Legaspi on Mars. At six years of age she was abducted by agents of the Office of Naval Intelligence and conscripted into the Spartan II program. The Spartan II program was the UNSC's highly successful military project to augment and hone perfect soldiers. SPARTAN-458's unit was preparing for a classified mission on Nassau Station when the ONI stealth ship Apocalypso tumbled into real-space – being carried along in the wake of a freak slipspace anomaly. The anomaly intersected Nassau Station; creating a semi-stable "bubble" in the space/time continuum on its way back to the 21st Century.
For the time being Nicole-458 is trapped in the 21st century; guarding Nassau Station's secrets with all but lethal force (she realizes killing someone in the past could have dire consequences), waiting for the "bubble" to collapse and hopefully returning her to the year 2552.
Nicole's movement controls were originally modeled on Bayman's set. The Bayman moves were treated as a starting point until the designers reinvented the Spartan as a unique and exceptional character with every move in her arsenal paying homage to a Halo move. In keeping with the idea of English being the language of the UNSC, Nicole is the only character on DOA4 that speaks English, although she occasionally speaks Japanese. When a taunt is used, Nicole smacks her fist into her open palm and activates Active Camouflage.
- Slipspace Straight Combo: YYY or ┌YYY
- Pillar of Autumn: YY→YYY or ┌YY→YYY
- Grunt Punt Combo: YY→YYB or ┌YY→YYB
- Covenant Crusher: YYBB or ┌YYBB
- Dead on Arrival: YB
- MAC Lunge: ┘Y
- Pelican Straight: └Y
- Tank Treads: ↑YY
- SPARTAN Straight Combo: →YYY
- Ghost Destroyer Combo: →YBY
- Orbital Aggression: →YBB
- Augmented Assault: ←YY
- Warthog Tackle: ←→Y
- Brute Basher: ↓→Y
- Assault Fist: ←↑Y
- "Hostile located." (Said before starting a fight)
- "Your luck just ran out." (Said before starting a fight)
- "And that's how you hit like a girl." (Upon winning a round)
- "Hostile down." (Upon winning a round)
- "You were strong, just not as strong as me." (Upon winning a round)
- "Contact neutralized." (Upon winning a round, without losing health)
- "You have no business up here." (Said In Timetrial Cutscene)
- "Forget what you saw here." (In Japanese upon winning two rounds without losing health)
- "Enough is enough." (Said before starting a fight)
- "I'll take you on." (In Japanese, said before starting a fight)
- "I'll put you out of your misery." (In Japanese, said before starting a fight)
- "The bad day you're having just got worse." (Said before starting a fight)
- "You ain't gonna make it." (Said before starting a fight)
- "Leave now; there's nothing here but a shortcut to hell." (Said in Timetrial Cutscene)
- Nicole-458 is the only known SPARTAN-II to have a nuber higher than the original 150 SPARTAN-II candidates. Though Ralph-103 used to have the tag 303 it was later changed to a lower number by Frank O'Connor.
- Dead or Alive 4 (First appearance)