On July 17, 2552, several Covenant ships jumped into the system. The UNSC Iroquois managed to destroy or scare off most of the Covenant ships through a series of maneuvers, including the Keyes Loop. Before leaving, the ships deployed 34 dropships to the surface. Marines were deployed to the surface as well but almost all of them were killed by the Covenant, save for about 14 men. Following which, a number of SPARTANS were deployed to the surface, including Blue Team, Red Team, and Green Team. Blue Team was to infiltrate the Covenant occupied city of Côte d'Azur.
Noticing the activity of the Covenant, Blue Team moved to the Côte d'Azur Museum of Natural History. A number of Unggoy, Sangheili, and Kig-Yar were defending the museum, along with a stationary plasma turret. Once inside, the SPARTAN's saw the Covenant scanning what seemed to be an ancient meteorite. The information was being sent to a ship in orbit. The four engaged a pair of Mgalekgolo defending the scanning process. The fight ended with Blue Team victorious, but at the cost of James-005's arm. Blue Team themselves would scan the artifact and evacuated the city.
Destruction of Côte d'AzurEdit
Blue Team would also find a group of civilians. Helping them evacuate, Blue Team returned to orbit. They would detonate the HAVOK nuke they planted under the city. Any Covenant presence within the city was destroyed in the blast.
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition - Bonus Item: John-117 Dossier Card
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach 2010 Edition - Chapter 16
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach 2010 Edition - Chapter 17
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach 2010 Edition - page 199
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo: The Fall of Reach - page ???
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach Original Edition - pages 202-209
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach 2010 Edition - pages 240-243
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach Original Edition - page 211
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach 2010 Edition - Chapter 22