"Pelican" is the name applied to a series of dropships operated by the UNSC Marine Corps, the UNSC Navy, and the New Mombasa Police Department. Beginning service before 2501. Most Pelicans are equipped with 70mm Chain Guns, with some even having rockets mounted under their wings. They also have the ability to carry Warthog variants, Scorpion tank variants or Resupply Canisters which would be attached to their tails.
Known models include the following:
- D77-TC Pelican Dropship - The variant operated prior to and during most of 2552.
- D78-TC Pelican Dropship - One of the first Post-War variants of the Pelican with improved avionics and thrusters.
- D79H-TC Pelican Dropship - The Pelican variant in use by July 2557.
- G79H-TC/MA Pelican Gunship - The gunship variant of the D79.
- This is a disambiguation page - a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole," page 450
- ↑ August, 2008, Halo Story Page. Frank O'Connor/Robert McLees interview. Accessed on 2008-04-12
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Pelican