|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The RCS-class was an ancient Covenant ship. Originally used as a missionary ship, as well as warship, the class would eventually fall out of favor and be replaced by the CCS-class battlecruiser. The remaining RCS-class ships would either be scrapped by the Assembly Forges, sent to reserve fleets, or left for storage near important colonies.
- Main article: Great Schism
The Great Schism saw the loss of many of the assets needed to maintain the newer Covenant cruisers. As such, the RCS-class began to see a resurgence in mainline usage due to its simplicity of operation.
Following the Great Schism, many warlords began to incorporate the RCS-class. At least two of these vessels were used by Jul 'Mdama's Covenant during the Second Battle of Requiem. One was destroyed upon the arrival of UNSC Infinity. One other escaped as Requiem was forced into its sun.
The RCS-class' design is similar to the CCS-class and the CRS-class light cruiser.
The RCS-class' shielding was weaker than the CCS-class.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide - page 41
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 194
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Armory Amore
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Covenant Cruiser
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 10: Exodus