Armed conflict ripped through South America, as Koslovic, Frieden and United Nations forces clashed over ideological differences. Violence was spread all throughout the battlefield. In the later stages of the wars, a part of the Friedens split apart and became the Neo-Friedens and they were willing to negotiate with the United Nations. This rivalry between the Neo-Friedens and the Friedens escalated into the Battle of Delambre on Luna. This violent conflict sparked additional conflicts off-planet, such as the Argyre Planitia Campaign. This war brought a great deal of suffering to the people of Earth, and caused an enormous famine.
- A Soldier's Tale: Rainforest Wars was written about this event. This book is a favorite of CPO Franklin Mendez, and described as a "military classic" in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.
- Two of Admiral Preston Cole's great-grandfathers (on his mother's side) served in the Rainforest Wars. One did not survive. The other, Captain Oliver Franks, received the Bronze Star.
- An early timeline had the Rainforest Wars take place in 2170. This was changed a few months later in development.
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 33
- ↑ halo.bungie.org: Halo Timeline
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, pages 378-379
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 415
- ↑ marathon.bungie.org: Halo Backstory