"INCOMING CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"
Remember Reach is a Microsoft marketing campaign for Halo: Reach. The campaign is centered around the website, www.rememberreach.com, where users can create a "light monument" of Noble Team composed of thousands of points of light and generated by a real robotic arm. The monument is constructed by special camera equipment which captures and composites the movements and light pulses from the robotic arm, which visitors can see in action on the website. Each user may guide the robotic arm to their chosen coordinates, adding their contribution to the light sculpture which is set to be completed on September 14, 2010.
In addition, the campaign will feature several live-action shorts by the director Noam Murro, who also directed the Birth of a Spartan teaser. The videos will show glimpses of what life on Reach was like before the Covenant invasion. The first video in the campaign, Patrol, was first shown on August 17, 2010 during GamesCom 2010. The promotional site was also launched in the same day, and was set to open fully on August 23, 2010.
- The tagline was also seen as a graffiti in New Mombasa in Halo 3: ODST.
- On August 17, 2010, a page with transcripts of the campaign's videos and other material was leaked, but taken down within hours.
- Ghosts of Reach, a Halo 2 song, plays on the background music of rememberreach.com.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Xbox Press: Commemorate the Launch of the Most Anticipated Game of 2010 by Helping Create the “Halo: Reach” Monument of Light
- ↑ www.rememberreach.com
- ↑ NeoGaf: Recovered transcripts of Halo: Reach live action trailers and marketing material