|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
- "Things look different now, without the Prophets' lies clouding my vision. I would like to see our own world, to know that it is safe."
- "Fear not, for we have made it so."
- "By your word, Arbiter."
- “Take us home.”
Sanghelios is the homeworld of the Sangheili race. Sanghelios is the fourth planet in the Urs system, a trinary star system of the stars Urs, Fied, and Joori. The planet has two moons called Qikost and Suban.
- Main article: Great Schism
Sanghelios was possibly an area of heavy conflict between Separatist and Loyalist forces. After March 3, 2553, Thel 'Vadam, Rtas 'Vadum, and the crew of the Assault carrier Shadow of Intent departed Earth, bound for Sanghelios to check its current state.
- Main article: Blooding Years
However some of the Sangheili weren't ready to follow the Arbiter, and a civil war soon erupted and ended with the remaining fanatical Sangheili forces withdrawing from Sanghelios. At the beginning of the civil war, Vadam was assaulted.
After Jul 'Mdama's death in October 2558, his Covenant would launch an assault on the planet. Supporters of Jul 'Mdama rose up. This dramatically shifted the Blooding Years, for however briefly, into a global war. On October 27, 2558 the Covenant made one final attempt to take out Thel 'Vadam at Nuusra. With the help of Fireteam Osiris, the Swords of Sanghelios drove the Covenant back to Sunaion. There, the rising Covenant was ended.
Many Forerunner artifacts and structures exist on the planet, which were the topic of worship, as well as the cause of a historical war between the Sangheili and the San'Shyuum before the formation of the Covenant.
Sanghelios has a gravity of 1.375G, and an average surface temperature of -5 °C to 56 °C (23 °F to 133 °F). The planet's five continents (Yermo, Qivro, Kaepra, Vaardma, and Tolvuus) had large desert regions stretch across them.
Flora and FaunaEdit
Sanghelios is a very diverse world that has a thriving eco-system. A great example of this is within the territory of Nuusra which included different species like the Kryn’qodon and the Orzil. Other species on Sanghelios include the Helioskrill, Doarmir, Colo, and unknown aquatic creatures. Other ocean dwelling creatures on Sanghelios include the Snap-tail and Electric Kesh. Irukan was also grown on the planet.
These were the Sangheili who were born on Sanghelios.
- Thel 'Vadam
- Usze 'Taham
- Rtas 'Vadum
- N'tho 'Sraom
- Sesa 'Refumee
- Jul 'Mdama
- Avu Med 'Telcam
- Ussa 'Xellus
- Gek 'Lhar
- Kitun 'Arach
- Rho 'Barutamee
- Jacul 'Arach
These were the Sangheili who were known to be on Sanghelios, but it isn't known whether they were born there or were from elsewhere.
- The name "Sanghelios" comes from the Latin sanguis and the Greek helios meaning "Blood-Sun." It is implied that this may refer to the emphasis on "blood" in the culture of the warrior Sangheili that live there.
- In Rooster Teeth's Grifball mini-series, there is an all Sangheili Grifball team called the Sanghelios Heretics.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Locations - Sanghelios
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo 3 - Level: Halo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo: Legacy of Onyx - Chapter 20, Page ???
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Levels: Swords of Sanghelios to Battle of Sunaion
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol - Page ???
- ↑ Halo 3 Legendary Edition - Bonus Item: Bestiarum
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Fauna Getaway
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol - Page 188
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol - Page 159
- ↑ Halo: The Thursday War - Page 205
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - The Return motion comic
- ↑ Halo: Shadow of Intent - Page ??
- ↑ Halo: The Thursday War - Page ??
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Grifball: "Expansion" 2