Seaward , also known as G 617 g, was the Forerunner designation for a planet in the G617 star system near the border region of the galactic halo. The planet was the site of the first contact between Forerunner and Flood forces - which eventually led to the Forerunner-Flood War.
A Forerunner research team called the Primary Pioneer Group made landfall on Seaward and they initially reported back some interesting findings. Despite previous assumptions, the world appeared capable of supporting sentient life despite the lack of fauna, which they intended to investigate further. Due to the surprising find, a secondary research team, Advance Survey Team-Alpha, was deployed to confirm the Primary Pioneer Group's findings.
However, following a week of no contact and no follow-up reports, the Forerunners became worried. In response, those monitoring recommended a military detachment be deployed to the area to investigate the survey teams' disappearances.
This was the last time any Forerunners had contact with their personnel or the entirety of G 617 g. Soon after, an invasion of the planet would mark the beginning of the largest conflict in galactic history, the Forerunner-Flood War, lasting over three hundred years. It remains unknown how or why the Flood targeted Seaward, however, it is believed that due to Flood's vastly different physiology that they were an extra-galactic threat, potentially coming to the Milky Way galaxy from another.
- Wharftown - A small Forerunner communal settlement made of little more than homes, parks and some farmland.
- There are references to seven in the designation, "G 617 g." The lower-case "g" is the seventh letter of the alphabet and as such, 6+1+7=14=7+7. There is also a reference in 333 hours, approximately 14 days, 7x2=14.
- The name of the planet contains a Biblical reference. It is presumably named after Genesis 6:17, which says: And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die.
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Soma the Painter (First appearance)
- Halo 3
- Terminals (Mentioned only)
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, Volume 1 - Page 8
- ↑ Halo 3, Terminal Six
- ↑ Halo 3, the Terminals
- ↑ Ascendant Justice's 3rd terminal article