|This article does not have enough inline citations or proper citation format. You can help Halo Alpha by adding citations.|
We do not allow blasphemers to live. The gods demand a return to piety. Truth abides.
The Neru Pe 'Odosima, fanatics. Fools.
The Servants of the Abiding Truth (Ancient Sangheili: Neru Pe 'Odosima), were an ancient religious order on Sanghelios, pre-dating the Sangheili-San'Shyuum war. They follow pre-Covenant beliefs, that any tampering with Forerunner technology is a grievous sin.
In 2553, the United Nations Space Command (UNSC)'s Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI), with the help of a civilian consultant named Evan Phillips, made contact with Avu Med 'Telcam, a bishop and representative of the Servants. They agreed to arm them with Sangheili weapons in exchange for the Servants leaving humanity alone if they seized power. ONI's true goal was to destabilize Sanghelios.
- Main article: Assault on Vadam
In March 2553, Jiralhanae insurgents in Ontom detonated a bomb which damaged the Temple of Abiding Truth. 'Telcam then staged his rebellion against the Arbiter, which failed when Admiral Hood arrived with the UNSC Infinity and the Arbiter accepted his help, albeit grudgingly. 'Telcam and his remaining ships and troops fled to New Llanelli to regroup and re-arm.
The Pale Blade
In the September of 2558 elements of the Servants including Dural 'Mdama traveled to the Hesduros State of Panom. They planned on using the portal in the city-state's Keep to strike at the Swords of Sanghelios and their human allies.
The Servants have a headquarters inside a Forerunner structure in the state of Ontom on Sanghelios, which they have converted into a weapons cache and base of operations for their rebellion against the Arbiter and his forces.
- Song of Wrath
- Defender of Faith (destroyed).
- Cleansing Truth (destroyed)
- Promised Redemption
- Certain Prophecy.
- Transforming Splendor.
- Unflinching Resolve (destroyed).
List of Known Personnel
- Avu Med 'Telcam (previous leader, killed)
- Dural 'Mdama (current leader)
- Ruk 'Nuusra (killed)
- Buran 'Utaral (killed)
Thel 'Vadam & the Swords of Sanghelios
Since the Arbiter Thel 'Vadam and the Sangheili armed forces use weapons and technology that were engineered from Forerunner technology, the Servants consider them blasphemous. However, as Jul 'Mdama observed, they had no problem using blasphemous weapons and technology to achieve their goals.
- Main article: UEG relations
The Servants relations with the Unified Earth Government (UEG) was complex. Officially, the UEG's military, the UNSC, supported the Arbiter. Unofficially, ONI dealt weapons to the Servants, and even helped escape their ships from Sangheilos and rescued 'Telcam. Though ultimately it would be the UNSC who would end Avu's life, for unknown reasons.
- Halo: Glasslands (First appearance)
- Halo: The Thursday War
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace
- Knight Takes Bishop
- Halo: Legacy of Onyx
- Halo: Tales from Slipspace - Knight Takes Bishop, Page ??
- Halo: Glasslands, Page 97 (Digital)
- Halo: Glasslands "We have been in thrall to mongrel races long enough. We have let the false prophets of the San’Shyuum corrupt our pure connection to the divine.", Avu Med 'Telcam
- Halo: Glasslands - Chapter 1, Page ??
- Halo: Legacy of Onyx - Chapter 5, Page ??
- Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo, Page 140-141