|This article is out-of-date and needs to be updated with new information. You can help Halo Alpha by updating it.|
|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The SPARTAN Branch, also known as the Spartan Corps and Spartan Operations was a branch of the UNSC, founded by Musa-096. It encompasses only the members of the SPARTAN-IV program and SPARTAN-IIIs who transferred from the Navy.
History[edit | edit source]
Creation[edit | edit source]
- “It clearly suggests that the Spartan branch has rapidly and unapologetically become its own thing... almost overnight.”
During the creation of the Branch, all remaining SPARTAN-IIIs were offered to be incorporated into the Spartan branch.
With the branch's creation and success the UNSC began handing out contracts to various corporations to produce the expensive Second Generation of MJOLNIR armor. In May of 2553, the Materials Group created the Damascus Ordnance Commission to organize these companies in the production of these armors.
Requiem[edit | edit source]
When the UNSC Infinity crashed landed on Requiem, the SPARTANs were deployed to fight off attacking Prometheans. Other Spartans were then deployed with John-117 to take down the planet's gravity well and particle canon network. Once it was destroyed, the Infinity escaped Requiem.
Infinity would return to Requiem eight months later beginning a new series of Spartan operations.
Following Battles[edit | edit source]
After the battles of Reqiuem, Spartans would defend the peace talks at Ealen IV from Vata Gajat's mercenaries. Several Spartan casualties took place, including the loss of most of Fireteam Jackknife.
Other Operations[edit | edit source]
Duties[edit | edit source]
Similar to other military branches, the Spartan Branch has a multitude of roles. These roles include reconnaissance, security and patrol, counter insurgency, military police duties, high value asset retrieval, and frontline combat.
Branches[edit | edit source]
Organization[edit | edit source]
Specializations[edit | edit source]
- “It's one thing to be an over-achieving badass such as yourself, but it is something else altogether to be a Specialist.”— Sarah Palmer to all Infinity Spartans.
Assets[edit | edit source]
Uniform[edit | edit source]
Power Armor[edit | edit source]
Spartans utilize the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Generation 2 platform of power armors. As per Regulation 3A-950, newly recruited personnel of the Spartan branch have access to one Mjolnir Armor.
Air Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Subordinates[edit | edit source]
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Main article: SPARTAN-IV Personnel
Units[edit | edit source]
- Main article: SPARTAN-IV Fireteams
Ranks[edit | edit source]
The ranking system of the Spartan branch only applies to Spartan-IVs, while Spartan-IIs and Spartan-IIIs still retain their ranks. All Spartan-IVs share the same rank of Spartan and do not possess any formal ranks. However, the title of Spartan Commander exists. They managed Spartan contingents on UNSC Starships.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Halo: Initiation - Issue #1, Page ??
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 33
- Universe - Jun-A266 - Halo Waypoint
- Halo 4: Official Game Guide, Page 380
- Halo Legendary Crate - Bonus Item: Data Drop 1 - Welcome to Fireteam Apollo Page 1 & Page 2
- Halo: Glasslands, Page 434
- ELEVENTH HOUR Transmission 3
- Halo: Initiation - Issue #3, Page ??
- Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo, Page 128
- Halo 4 - Level: Infinity
- Halo 4 - Level: Reclaimer
- Halo 4 - Level: Shutdown
- Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- Halo: Escalation - Issue #1, Issue #2, & Halo: Escalation Issue 3, Page ??
- Halo: Escalation - Issue #5 & Issue #6, Page ??
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Vector (Armor)
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Orbital (Armor)
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Defender (Armor)
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Raider (Armor)
- Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Osiris
- Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Chapter 1 - Land Grab
- Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus Item: UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet
- Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus Item: Armor Schematics
- Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Foehammer (Armor)
- Halo Waypoint - Universe - Spartan