The sources that point to the so-called announcement of this game don't specifically say "Halo 5". It's jumping the gun to have this article already.--Spartacus Contributions 23:29, March 31, 2012 (UTC
- https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/344182593647964160 Death will follow you...but you can survive 23:33, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
the five is the five from the five gum logo...Peachslice 21:52, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
It isn't. It is similar, but different.06:35, May 6, 2014 (UTC)
Halo 5 WarningEdit
Look, we all know there will be a Halo 5. What we don't know is anything about this game. And we probably won't know until E3 2013-2015. Just giving a heads up: Don't get so excited yet....
Wrong trailer at E3 2013Edit
The trailer seen at E3 2013 is not Halo 5, according to Microsoft Studios Vice President Phil Spencer. I tried editing the page to update this, but deleting too much misconceptions would just revert it. Please resolve this issue.
H5 vs Halo Xbox OneEdit
So the sequel to Halo 4 is Halo Xbox One. So what is Halo 5? Wasn't that the assumed title of Halo Xbox One before they actually revealed it? Is there any indication that there will be a game called Halo 5 or are people assuming that there will be one? I thought Halo 5 and Halo Xbox One are the same, with H5 being the unofficial title (like CoD Ghosts is aka CoD 10). Bioniclepluslotr 03:06, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with ya bud. This is most likely what their naming conventions are. Why would they make two seperate Halo's, unless one was going to be a remake? If this was the case, then Halo (Xbox One) would obviously be Halo 5, and that would mean "Halo 5" could be just a codename for another Halo game. That, or Halo (Xbox One) does not follow the Halo canon. That data chip in the trailer could just be Cortana's chip, by the way. It looks exactly like the one from Halo 3. This is speculation though, so I'm not going to add it. (because I haven't uploaded my signature thing here yet, I'm just going to...) User:Meta Kirby52, August 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's pretty clear Halo (Xbox One) IS Halo 5. They just haven't given it a name yet cos a) they don't want to alienate non-fans, b) to make it sound fresher to new audiences, c) perhaps they think it's too soon to announce Halo 5, less than 12 months after Halo 4, d) they haven't decided on a name yet - it could be Halo 5: Subtitle etc.
- Halo (Xbox One) IS a working title. It will NOT be just called Halo.
- The bottom line is - this is the next major game in the series - not a spin-off like ODST. Even Don Mattrick called it Halo 5. They just don't want to officially call it that yet.
- Another thing is, that trailer where they just called it Halo - that was a trailer for everything Halo that is to come on Xbox One - they've said it numerous times, that was for "what is coming up on the new console" not for a specific game.
- I'm pretty certain they will continue the numbering, they're just not ready to put a number on it yet. After all, as I have mentioned, to new players, simply Halo (Xbox One) is a lot more attractive than Halo 5. 188.8.131.52 22:47, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
First on Xbox ONEEdit
I heard that Spartan Assault is coming to Xbox 360 & One in December, doesn't that mean this will be the Second Halo Game released on the Xbox One, but it will still be the first Exclusive. Or is Spartan Assault being released in late 2014 for the Xbox One? Arigro 'Vadum (talk) 11:26, November 15, 2013 (UTC)
Spartan Assault is the second Halo game announced for the Xbox One, but will be the first Halo game released on the Xbox One. It is not an Xbox One exclusive because it is currrently on Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phone and will be released on Xbox 360 as well.Vektor0 (talk) 14:29, November 15, 2013 (UTC)
The Spartans of Halo 5: GuardiansEdit
If you go to halo waypoint and look at the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer Beta, the pictures and videos have the spartans showing a large number 5 on thier helmets. Could these Spartans be the next generation of soldiers? The Teaser describes them as next gen! These Must be the Spartan V's!!! —This unsigned comment is made by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Are the weapons really what they are?Edit
For one thing, the Magnum might have a magazine size the same as the M6C, but the quoted video has no actual proof it's a C model. Same thing with the MA5D and the Lightrifle. The screenshot that it's shown in looks slightly similar, but not close enough I'd call it a match. As for the M7 thing, the M7 is a side-loading weapon, not a top-loading one. The AR looks radically different from the MA5D, and the has a different paintjob and VERY different scope. Can we get accurate quotes on what these guns are?
Elites in MultiplayerEdit
Does anyone have any idea why 343i decided to cut playing as Elites from multiplayer? Especially with the way Halo 5 operates, it would seem like it would be a good addition. --Gold Chief 117 (talk) 12:09, May 30, 2015 (UTC)Gold Chief 117
- Probably the fact that multiplayer is now canon, and War Games is meant to help spartans train. Red Leader 17:22, September 27, 2015 (UTC)