1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8
9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15• 16----
Note: This page is Halo Alpha's community center. It's a place to ask questions and propose projects. For general site or community discussion, see the Forums instead.
- Characters will appear in their specific game portals upon release
21:17, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
Should a link to technology be featured on the main page? -Heretant
The two links on the main page "Weapons" and "Armor" direct to deleted pages for "Weapon Maps" and "Armor Maps." The first should direct to http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons and the second to whatever the armor page was intended for.
-Portable wiki- Is there a way to download the wiki to my computer so i can access it will offline?
- Yes, one can do so by saving each and every page as an HTML file on one's computer.
- You can get a database dump from Special:Statistics - it's raw xml, so it's not particularly good for reading, but it's the easiest way to download the full wiki.
- Wikipedia has an interesting page about database downloads, with links to some offline xml readers. Any xml reader that works for wikipedia should work for wikia. It's all mediawiki underneath.
- You can also find a list of all files on Special:ListFiles - the "(file)" link is to the full sized image, which makes it easy to grab them all with most modern download managers.
- Happy offlining! -452 03:42, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, googling offline wiki xml viewer has some other results. I've never tried any, so if you find a good one, let us know. -452 03:43, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, it imports .bz2 files, but wikia dumps are .gz files, so you'll have to extract the .gz and recompress it as .bz2, 7zip can do that. -452 05:23, March 24, 2013 (UTC)
Minor grammatical error
"...an article about the way the Halo Universe could expand and show us more of it's wonders." should be "...an article about the way the Halo Universe could expand and show us more of ITS wonders." --Saytun 00:37, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
Awesome new layout
Placing the ages and names revealed by the Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide?
Hello Halo Nation, I was doing my daily rounds on /r/HaloStory, when I saw this particular discussion. I was astounded by some of the ages and deaths of the characters. Then I thought: Why hasn't Halo Nation sought to include this?
Should you allow it, I would like to be the one to add this information to the appropriate articles, as part of having a first contribution. That said, I realize that there may be others who will want to do so as well. Should the administrators allow the information from the provided article to be archived, I say by all means help add it in.
But not before I recieve a green light from the administrators here.
Main Page Quiz?
I was wondering why the quiz doesn't show any indication that you have already voted/allows you to seemingly vote more than once. Idk if this is an error/bug or intended. I'd apreciate if anyone could explain this to me. Thanks! :) ~Raptorclaw62 [Xili Gar] (talk) 21:47, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
A page request.
Please note that I am asking nicely.
Ok what I am asking is, the stories in the halo universe takes place in the milky way galaxy, but say some one wanted more details of the galaxy.
Is it possible that based on the halo universe some one can map out every star in the galaxy with fine detail? Listing it as if it where how to get to all the planets of both the humans and covenant races as well as the races that had nothing to do with the story events and their for where not listen (most of which are preindustrial any way.) Can some one please accomplish that? --. [[User:Lord of the STARS i may posably be the son of pirate prince, this is not confurmed. 20:17, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
Update to Community Links section on Main page.
I feel this section needs an update. Seeing as the community has grown a lot. And has numerous places now.
Yes I am going to refer to Halopedia. But this is something that could heavily improve this wiki a lil bit.(Plus I did suggest Halopedia to add many of the communitys on it.)
If we could add majority of the Halo Communitys in that section I linked, into the Community Links section. That would be great. As it would mean its more up to date with other communitys that are active and post new content.